Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1, 2…now 3.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Received my DG500 mounting plate today, thanks to Nathan.
And also got word, that my new dash is now on its way from Ohio. Hoping to see that either tomorrow or Wednesday.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Today, I got word that my new dash is in shipment. Hope to see it in a couple days.
Also, I started playing with my 'Nathan' plate, for the coil assembly. Still have some work to do to it, mainly concerning the throttle bracket assembly.
But I'll get it figured out.

p1987346_1.jpg

p1987346_2.jpg

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
What did you do to get around how tightly the coils grip the spark plugs in order to pull them all off at the same time?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I cut the boots at the bottom, not at the top. The boots are tapered; the higher up the boots you go, the wider they are.
easy removal came naturally with the cut.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Got my replacement dash in today, from Ohio, via Greyhound shipping.
It's not perfect, but it's way better than what I had. There's a couple of depressions in the vinyl from being stored for a few years, and I'm hoping that they'll relax out, now that there's no weight on it.
Also, one very small circular blemish, but very overlook-able. Whereas my dash had a huge trident-shaped crack up the center, this one is nice and supple, and all of the defrost vent holes are perfect, whereas my old one was destroyed in that area. Overall, very satisfied.

p1987955_1.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Quite a day of packages today.

p1988000_1.jpg

Also got my targa seal set and ignition harness plug from DM.

p1988000_2.jpg

AND, a new set of 18x9/18x10 wheels. The auction was dirt cheap, so I bid on it. Wasn't really expecting to win them, but surprisingly, I won on my lowest bid.
Now I have to swap my tires over from my XXR's, and sell them off.

p1988000_3.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So this is what the wheel looks like on the car.
I kinda held my breath when I installed it, afraid it might interfere with the shocks, but no- it's good by about a 1/2".
p1988037_1.jpg

p1988037_2.jpg

Needs a bit of camber, but I think that's all.
p1988037_3.jpg

Tires are installed now and the wheels are on the car. Looks pretty good. I'll get a pic of that later.

doonsuka

May 27, 2011
AZ
Exact wheel I was wanting. Can't wait to see what they look like mounted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
This is what the front looks like, but of course its a bit difficult to gauge the fender fitment when its on jacks, and there's no fender.

p1988070_1.jpg

The rear. The coilovers are adjusted high, so that i can work under it.

p1988070_2.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Grandavi;1988048 said:
Just flipping thru this awesome thread and wondering. When was the last time the beast was run?

Lol. Two summers ago, and never on this engine.
But now that i have the dash, i can start reassembling it and install the ecu/ maft pro.
Then we'll see if it'll run.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Don't think so. I think i can get away with mild camber.
Once i lower it and throw the front fenders on, i'll be able to verify.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, a minor setback...
After spending $120 to get my tires swapped over to the new wheels, I started messing with the rear camber a little bit, to tuck the wheels in.
Specifically the left rear, as the right side looked to be cambered well enough already to fit the wheel. But even after that, the left rear still looked to be sticking out farther than the right.
Then I noticed that the lugnuts on the left wheel sat almost flush with the surface, whereas the right side stuck out a bit. Oh, I'd say they stuck out just about exactly as much as the outer lip did on the left side...
Turns out, they sent me two wheels with different offsets- One was a 40(as it should have been), but the other is a 22.
So now I gotta prepare for the nightmare ahead: pay to dismount the tire, pay to send the wheel back, wait for the new wheel, and pay for the tire to be remounted.
I have to wait for a response from the seller, but I don't know how much they will be willing to cover. Either way, this just sucks.

*Edit: I have already received an RMA and FedEx is supposed to pick up the wheel on Tuesday.

Last edited: