Project Clean 87

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
honestabe;1534276 said:
I have a driver for my Supra. My driver drives and I'll take the bet Nate

The odds are already stacked in your favor though, you'll have at least a 100whp advantage... Have your car tuned on low boost for 320+/- and you can hire a driver. Or run it on full kill with you driving. Plus I'm shifting with my left hand

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
kwnate;1534303 said:
The odds are already stacked in your favor though, you'll have at least a 100whp advantage... Have your car tuned on low boost for 320+/- and you can hire a driver. Or run it on full kill with you driving. Plus I'm shifting with my left hand

Stabe, he does have a point though. You have more power and he is driving a Right Hand Drive car shifting with his left hand. I say take the bet anyway. :)

Duane

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Bill Bowering just left. We fixed my vacuum lines, got my tach working (and now it does a full sweep on start-up), got my DS HID to work, and did a little road tuning. Unfortunately we're having problems around 2500 RPM's for some reason and the roads around my house aren't conducive to road tuning since they're all hilly and curvy. But the Supra is driveable enough to get it onto a flatbed trailer under it's own power, so I'm happy. I'll be on the rollers April 9th, so stay tuned folks! Oh, and if I'm feeling up to it I might aim my headlights tonight and then put on the covers for them.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I aimed my headlights and put on the headlight covers. On the left is the Supra's headlights, on the right is my 90 Subaru Legacy's headlights. If you look at the pics you can see how dim my headlights are on my Subaru. The first pic is with both cars headlights on, the 2nd is with just the Supra's headlights on. The funky cutoff is from the shape of the nose piece where the light is hitting it. And just to show how bright they are, at the end is a pic of the headlights on in my garage with the lights out (nearly pitch black without my headlights on).

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I fixed my boost gauge. Turns out the connector was plugged in a pin off. Since the hole in the back of my gauge cluster was too small, I opened it up more with my soldering iron.. Although now I have a new twist to my windshield wiper problems. With my wiper control relay plugged in, my windshield wipers refuse to turn off once the key is turned to the on position. With the relay unplugged, the wipers work perfectly. What the hell is going on???

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I went up to Abbotsford today and picked up my lenses, visited Randy at BIC Performance while I was near by, and then installed the lenses. I had to drill 3 holes in each lense in order to get them to stay down. What do ya'll think? Should I try and hide the back side of the light boxes where the lights themselves are visable or should I leave them as they are? Oh, and here's a couple photo's that were on my camera that I took recently after giving the Supra a bath.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
No good news today. We spent 7 hours at Drift Office trying to figure out why my Supra was stuttering badly. While driving around 3200 RPM's the car acts like it's 2-stepping. We don't know what the hell is going on, but it won't be done 'til atleast Wednesday.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well Drift Office is throwing in the towel. They've tried everything short of rebuilding the engine harness and consulted several other tuners who have a lot of experience and they are all clueless about my problem. With my luck it'll be some old wire that's cracked and causing a short or something. Drift Office is charging me a very fair rate for the work they've done and I am very gracious for all the hard work they've put into my Supra. I'll be picking the Supra up soon and having it towed to BIC Performance where Bill Bowering will work his magic and remove and rebuild my engine harness. He'll check everything with a fine tooth comb, get rid of anything that isn't needed (i.e. remove any unused wiring including depinning the connectors so there is no trace of the wires) and convert my harness over to sequential injection since that will be much better. If that doesn't fix the issue then Bill will continue to work his magic until him and Randy have figured it out. Again, I am very grateful to Bob and his staff at Drift Office for all their hard work.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Sooo yeah, I finally got my Supra up to BIC Performance today to have Bill Bowering work his magic on my wiring and install my catch can (I keep forgetting to install it). It should be ready by PacNW Supra Nationals. Side note, the border patrol really doesn't get the concept of Americans having Canadian friends and taking your Supra up to Canada to be repaired since it's the nearest shop that you trust.