Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I made new lense templates today, took a few tries. All I have left to do to them is router the bottoms of them to create a ledge for them to sit on so they are flush and I'll be golden. Do my brake rotors look normal? This is after using the EBC Redstuff pads for maybe a mile. They don't seem right to me, but I could be wrong. I've never used these pads before.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I went down to my buddy Trevors (northwestsupra) house earlier and cleaned up his garage quite a bit so his Supra isn't as burried. While there I picked up a set of new brake shims that were attached to a new set of pads I gave him. Anyways, I put the rear brake setup back together, much nicer having all new hardware (I got a new box of springs and clips the other day) and all the hardware for that matter. No pics, sorry.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Had some spare time today so I trimmed my MDF templates so they were flush with the body. I ran down to TAP Plastics and had the new lenses cut. I still need to fine tune the edges of the new lenses and then create a mold so the areas that need to be cut to fit. I'm getting a little creative for that and am using play doh to make my mold. Hopefully it'll work good. Pics up tomorrow, they're on my camera and I'm on the laptop right now.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
OK, I'm back in the picture mood. I took my MDF templates and filled in the areas that I cut away with play doh. Once the templates were perfectly flat, I pressed them into place and trimmed off the excess, giving me an impression of where I need to cut my lenses to fit my boxes. Now all I need to do is just get a CNC to cut my lenses for me.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
love the work and level of creativity, i definetly didnt think you were ever going to use play-doh when it came to the car.lol but i will def remember that play doh can be used to fix a supra lol :biglaugh:

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
honestabe;1533010 said:
I'll get tuned in 3 weeks. I'm game for a friendly race. Winner buys the loser lunch($20 max)?

That's boring!! How about this... If you win, I'll pay up to $60 for you to take your lady out to dinner. If I win, I will still pay for your lady's dinner, only I get to take her out. Sound good? ;)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
7EMPIRE;1534010 said:
love the work and level of creativity, i definetly didnt think you were ever going to use play-doh when it came to the car.lol but i will def remember that play doh can be used to fix a supra lol :biglaugh:

Not fix, modify. Manufacturers use a similar process, although their clay is a lot more expensive and better.
kwnate;1534120 said:
That's boring!! How about this... If you win, I'll pay up to $60 for you to take your lady out to dinner. If I win, I will still pay for your lady's dinner, only I get to take her out. Sound good? ;)

LOL, umm, no.