Project Clean 87

callme676

Banned
Jul 14, 2009
nc
lol yeah im excited to live off peanut butter and crackers cuz knowing me ill spend 2/3rds of my paychecks on parts lol. yeah man looking forward to more progress on your car i wasnt a fan of the flushmounts but they are really growing on me cuz you made them so clean looking

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
I say paint the trim ive never liked the trim being a different color i feel it takes to much attention from the car itself but thats just me.cant imagine u doing anything to ruin the car eitherway

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So I put the wheels back on today and put the Supra back down on the ground and took her for a quick test spin up the block and back. Discovered I had an oil leak coming from my oil pressure sender unit, so I had to take that off and put teflon on the threads to seal it up. I also had to re-bleed my brakes since I had almost no brakes at all. Turns out I didn't notice the 2 bleeder screws on each of my front brake calipers. Quick check in ARZ's section and I was able to properly bleed my brakes and get them to work. Took the car for another test drive and smoke started pouring from my exhaust manifold. I'm pretty confident that my oil return line isn't fully tightened and is dripping oil onto the manifold, creating a hell of a smoke show. Oh yeah, and only my passenger side headlight works for some reason. I gotta do some checking to see if I burned out my ballast or bulb on the drivers side. Please excuse all the dust, the Supra's been sitting since August and I can't give it a bath until I finish building my lenses.

callme676

Banned
Jul 14, 2009
nc
do you have any plans to start another build on another car? lol that engine bay looks perfect man i wanna see you start over and do it again.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
callme676;1524928 said:
do you have any plans to start another build on another car? lol that engine bay looks perfect man i wanna see you start over and do it again.

I do, but it won't be a Supra. The next project vehicle will be my soon-to-be wifes lifted Toyota 2wd pick-up with a 1JZ and similar engine setup to mine. We want it to push about 500 RWHP and be ready for both show and off-road. As for my Supra, I'm just getting warmed up :)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Today I brought Trevor (NorthWestSupra) up and we fixed my wideband, replaced my an AN fitting and elbow on my oil drain line coming off my turbo since it had a couple damaged threads that were causing my oil leak. And I extended my MAP sensor wires to remove the stress on the wires. No pics, sorry.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Another super exciting update without pics, I bought a sheet of 3/4" MDF today to make exact templates for my lenses. If I screw up a template, I have tons of extra MDF left over to make another, and another, and another (had to buy a 4'x8' sheet). I'll make sure my templates are perfect, and then have new acrylic cut again. I'll probably pull off the rear rotors tomorrow and have them turned on the lathe since I want to ensure a good surface for my new EBC pads. That, and they have never been turned in the 4+ years I've owned them (then again, I don't think I've actually worn out a set of brake pads on these rotors before either).

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks for the info Abe. I looked at Randy's site, but I couldn't find the kit he's offering with these 1zz coils. I'll send him an email and ask him about them.