Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The bracket is like a vice grip, it's very, very firmly clamped onto the ECU and would be very hard to remove from it. The ECU doesn't hang down at all. It's actually recessed. I completely forgot about the plastic cover piece. My glove box has been hard to shut for the longest time and a long while back (2 years maybe) I removed it while doing something under the dash in an effort to try and help make the glove box shut easier. The glove box won't be open for shows since I don't have anything mounted in it and it is simply storage, so I am not worried about it.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Ahem... MY SUPRA IS ALIVE!!! Thanks to the major wiring genius that is Bill Bowering and 7 hours of hard work from me and him, my Supra purrs like a kitten. She fired up on the first try (although had to be immediately shut down thanks to me not realizing I didn't adjust the IC pipe going into the TB, causing it to rub on the PS pulley and creating a short spark show). After a quick adjustment of the IC pipe, we fired it back up and it ran very smoothly. Only thing wrong was all the smoke out the exhaust, but I expected that since it's been sitting for the last 6 months without running. I still need to hook up the tach and wideband and replace a couple vacuum lines and extend my MAP sensor harness an inch or so to give it a little slack, but overall I'm very happy. And as strange as this sounds, I didn't take one picture today. I'll try and remember to take a couple pics tomorrow and post them up.

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Only 3 weeks and after that you can be on the road again ...

She will be a beast I am sure in that ...

And one more thing what you learn nobody can take away from you

Knowledge is power

SURUKO

making the supra better..
Jan 8, 2007
The tropical island....
::w00t:: Congrats man, i told u it was near ;) now im in for more pics and videos of this monster :drool: all hard work is gonna pay off now Enjoy!!! :: rave ::

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
honestabe;1519160 said:
As promised, a picture of the engine bay. I will take a vid tomorrow with me with the help of the misses since the ones I took today were distorted thanks to the echo of my garage.

Close the garage door and do a 15 minute video of the engine revving. Then let it idle for 30 while showing off your headlights. that would be a killer video.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
The best thread on the mania in my opinion i can only hope to build my supra with the finesse that you did
gotta give credit where its due

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
7EMPIRE;1521505 said:
The best thread on the mania in my opinion i can only hope to build my supra with the finesse that you did
gotta give credit where its due

There are better ones (IJ's Shed comes to mind), but then again he has more time and money and knowledge then me. But thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it. It's nice to know my hard work is being noticed.
kwnate;1521538 said:
You're new here, so I'll let this one slide. You need to do some reading.

We all have our bad spots, but atleast I fix my errors as best I can.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
Ive been reading the mania threads for almost a year and a half trying to learn everything i could i just made an account when i Put the title in my name so im not new and i said honestabe's was the best bcuz thats MY opinion its not a fact.he built the car over time and saved his money just like im going to I MEAN FOR GODSAKE LOOK AT THAT ENGINE BAY LOL and im not a 1jz fan but damn that shiit is nice

ij,kwnate, and others like that are the kobe and lebrons of the site so im pullin for the underdogs lol