Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I finished fabbing up the passenger side headlight cover, and then took both covers and boxes down to the local paint shop that painted my ds fender a year ago (along with my pass side front mud flap as a color reference). I also modified a washer that helps hold on the gas tank cover (pounded out the bolt, then flattened the washer so it is as flat as I can get it, along with cutting one side flat so it's nearly flush with the edge of the cover). And because of where I'm bolting the top of the cover to, I had to cut a really long bolt I had laying around in half since it was about an inch too long.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I'm painting the covers gay blue since they will match the rest of the car and will flow well with the flushmount boxes. When I do eventually tear down the Supra for paint, the engine bay will be painted to match the body. Besides, I can't exactly take my car down to the paint shop to have them scan the engine bay to try and match it (which for right now would actually look better, but still off since the engine bay is a flat color with no shine in it).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just got my paint total back from the body shop for my flushmounts, $470.67! Fuck me. I guess I won't be tuning the Supra next month, gonna have to wait til April now :( I'm pretty sure I won't even be able to afford my radiator this month, so that's going to get bumped to next month too.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Went to TAP Plastics today and had my lenses roughly cut to match my templates from 3/4" acrylic since 5/8" isn't an option. I also had a ledge added to the drivers side lense since the box is too wide (not really sure how the hell that happened, but it's too late now). I need to use a router to shave off some of the lense on the edges to make it flush, but that's a minor job and I'm probably going to have to angle the front of the lenses too to make them match. While at TAP I also picked up some 20 mil clear permanent bonding tape to mount the lenses since the ledges which the lenses are mounted on are painted and it'll look better than having white foam tape. The lenses are going to require atleat an hour each of fine tuning before they'll be ready to mount.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
After a couple hours of hard work later the black goop is 99% off, and that's as good as it's going to get. I also got my ViPEC mounting bracket from Ray Hall today, just have to create a mounting plate to attach to mounting bracket. Pics up later, I'm off to work on putting the dash back in and then work on the flushmount install so I can get to work on the lenses.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
OK, I only got the interior put back in. I'm not sure where the hell the 2 connectors pictured go since the anchor point was free from its anchor. They are currently sitting next to the glove box light sensor button, which is as far as they will reach. Overall, I'm happy with what I did today. Atleast my interior looks like a Supra again, and even got vacuumed.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Today I got off my lazy ass and did some work on the beast. I made and painted the mounting bracket for my ECU, mounted the flushmount boxes and headlights (still need to aim them once the Supra is running), installed the passenger side fender well and wheel (didn't do the drivers side because I have a couple things to do to the wiring first), and that's it as far as I can remember. In case anybody is wondering, the transmission next to the Supra is my landlords.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I just installed my ViPEC. I screwed the mounting brackets together and then ground down the screw portions that were sticking out. I also zip tied the wiring a little to clean things up. Oh look, my blue spray paint actually matches my ViPEC, funny how that works sometimes. Too bad once the glove box is on you won't see it. And in preparation for Bill Bowering coming down next weekend, I've attached the USB cable to the ViPEC.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
There will be a glovebox installed Ian. It's actually mounted in the factory position. I didn't even think about rounding off the corners of the bracket, I might try it with a pair of tin snips since I'd be afraid of the sparks and metal dust damaging the ViPEC.