project bmw before and after, and never ending.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well this is how the car started out a stock 95 318IS with a major RICE WING and a EBAY FART TUBE!

Started 2004
sm_photo_missing.jpg

found a car with the exact wing!!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

removed the wing and baught a set of used e46 m3 fronts =D

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Lowered the car on HR Cup-kit and a set on HID heads and fogs.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Picked up a set of rear clears, m3 mouldings,E46 m3 rear spoiler and m3 side skirts all OE's

sm_photo_missing.jpg

installed front clears, RD front lip, DEPO HL's, license plate delete, Ae's, M3 mirrors, 99 newer front nose and grille, eyelids.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

picked up a 325is stock CAT-BACK, and a non M rear diffuser and debadged it

sm_photo_missing.jpg

got bored of the stock depo HL's and decided to do a TSX projector set-up and all new AE's and new HID fog rewire. headlights are 6000K AE's are 6000K and the fogs are 8000K.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

MAY08 the car looked fast but really wasn't at all, so did a m52 motor swap w/ a dinan ECU, custom 3" exhaust, CAI ( not shown in this picture)

Now in august the car some one had back into the car, ruining the Headlights. so since the marker was busted and same with the passenger headlight. i decided to change a few more things re did the headlights as the depo's got foggy inside from the adhesive glue and also change the clears to smoked corners. also change the rear tails to smoked.

september the rear shock blew and replaced them with bilisten sports.

i still dont have the most recent picture as the weather has been really bad lately. so for now is the before and after

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Poodles;1173844 said:
Used to hate BMW's until I saw The Transporter... now I want one :rofl:

In for recent pics :D

haha yeah transport 3's coming out :aigo:

before:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

most present at the paint ball field :
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
sweet. how hard was the motor swap? You just said it as a statment like it was changing the spark plugs haha. I just threw an m52 in real quick. Is it the 2.5 or 2.8?

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Isphius;1174140 said:
sweet. how hard was the motor swap? You just said it as a statment like it was changing the spark plugs haha. I just threw an m52 in real quick. Is it the 2.5 or 2.8?

yeah i didnt do it, i got it done and he gave me a offer for a package so i could resist! but im familiar with the swaps, i know everything is plug and play and stright drop in except the ECu the 318is is a oBD1 and the 2.8 is the OBD2 so it had to be converted to a OBD1, but transmission bolts on, cooling parts are different from the 4c and the I6, and the driveshaft is different you need a 6Cy DS cause its shorter. and the motor is a m52b2.8 motor, off a 99 fully rebuilt with 0K on head and bottom had 78K before the rebuild.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well been really busy the past few days, trying to get the car looking like its suppose to!
updates include

-style5's
-bumper back on
-m3 rear sways
-new rear bilesten sports
-semi done black and grey interior/ with blk 328 sport seats/ rear m3 seats/ black and grey m3 door cards.

here's pictures of the rim refinishing.

forgot to take before pictures as they were in really bad shape!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

after all that decided to take the weekend off to work on the car :)

winter mode:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

spring/summer mode time for the sun!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

also got the car dyno'd again, the previous dynoe pull it did a 148whp/147wtrq on a mustang dyno.

on the same dyno on a colder day it laid down a 191whp/198wtq on the same dyno :)

hoping to have it at 225whp with a tune and s52 cams and install my m50 intake mani :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Nice! I've got my dash out right now for heatercore replacement. LOL. Stupid heatercore!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1294926 said:
Nice! I've got my dash out right now for heatercore replacement. LOL. Stupid heatercore!

haha nice, yeah im going to pull the dash out next week to complete the interior :), just waiting for a local guy to sell me his mint vaders!! :evil2:,

how did you like getting those 3 bolts neat the windshield :3d_frown:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Those three didn't really bother me, actually. I used a stubby ratcheting wrench hooked to a tiny 1/4" adapter with a socket on it. LOL.

The one thing that gave me issues was one of the anti-theft bolts on the underside of the steering column. I got one out within a minute or so, and the other just wouldn't budge. I ended up cutting the head off with a grinder. LOL. Worked great, and smooth sailing after that!

It's more intricate than pulling the MKIII dash, but not difficult by any means.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1294989 said:
Those three didn't really bother me, actually. I used a stubby ratcheting wrench hooked to a tiny 1/4" adapter with a socket on it. LOL.

The one thing that gave me issues was one of the anti-theft bolts on the underside of the steering column. I got one out within a minute or so, and the other just wouldn't budge. I ended up cutting the head off with a grinder. LOL. Worked great, and smooth sailing after that!

It's more intricate than pulling the MKIII dash, but not difficult by any means.

haha yeah well at the time i didn't had and wrenchs when i took the dash out of the parts car so i kicked out the windshield hahahah,

yeah the anti-theft bolts were stripped on my end :S lol,

does your heater work on 1-2-3? cause mine doesnt only on 4 :s, i got a newer climate controle but i haven't installed it bmw said thats the problem but i dont think it is lol.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
arizzle;1294994 said:
haha yeah well at the time i didn't had and wrenchs when i took the dash out of the parts car so i kicked out the windshield hahahah,

yeah the anti-theft bolts were stripped on my end :S lol,

does your heater work on 1-2-3? cause mine doesnt only on 4 :s, i got a newer climate controle but i haven't installed it bmw said thats the problem but i dont think it is lol.

LOL! If I was doing it on a parts car, I would think of doing the same!

My heater works on all settings just fine. You got a newer CC unit? (if you got the digital one, you'll have to swap out the entire heater box!)

There's probably a way to test it, but I don't know off-hand. I'd try asking on BF.c or something. Maybe someone with a Bently manual will help out.