project bmw before and after, and never ending.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1295009 said:
LOL! If I was doing it on a parts car, I would think of doing the same!

My heater works on all settings just fine. You got a newer CC unit? (if you got the digital one, you'll have to swap out the entire heater box!)

There's probably a way to test it, but I don't know off-hand. I'd try asking on BF.c or something. Maybe someone with a Bently manual will help out.

hah yeha i know i didnt feel like going back and forth,

but nope not digi, its the same but off a 99 m3 so a few things a lil bit different, but connections are the same,

i've looked in bf.c but nothing still and bentley theres nothing also lol, thats why i asked :1zhelp::icon_bigg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
arizzle;1295013 said:
hah yeha i know i didnt feel like going back and forth,

but nope not digi, its the same but off a 99 m3 so a few things a lil bit different, but connections are the same,

i've looked in bf.c but nothing still and bentley theres nothing also lol, thats why i asked :1zhelp::icon_bigg

Did Canadian '96+ cars not come with the digital climate control? All M3's in the States had manual climate controls for '95 and earlier, and digital for '96+.

Damn, I wish I could help more!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1297440 said:
Did Canadian '96+ cars not come with the digital climate control? All M3's in the States had manual climate controls for '95 and earlier, and digital for '96+.

Damn, I wish I could help more!

well here 97+ but dont quote me came digital, but some e36 still use the manual controls. but i did figure out the problem its just a relay. $30 from bavauto :), once i get a chance to order that ill be pulling out the dash, but for now im hoping to get time to install the m50 intake manifold :evil2:

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well just some pictures taking from the saturdays local e36 cruise.

p1344622_1.jpg

p1344622_2.jpg

p1344622_3.jpg

p1344622_4.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1344622_5.jpg

p1344622_6.jpg

p1344622_7.jpg

p1344622_8.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Wow, it looks great! :) (I see an intercooler on one of those cars!)

Looks like we both need to either A) pull all trim and paint with SEM trim paint, or B) carefully polish them with some Meguiars. :(

I'm diggin' the Motorsport trim, though! (I picked up a set of Motorsport door handles!)

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1344630 said:
Wow, it looks great! :) (I see an intercooler on one of those cars!)

Looks like we both need to either A) pull all trim and paint with SEM trim paint, or B) carefully polish them with some Meguiars. :(

I'm diggin' the Motorsport trim, though! (I picked up a set of Motorsport door handles!)

hah yeh, that cars a 325is with a custom made turbo kit, t4 t70 garret:aigo:, he hits full boost at 4000rpms:nono: lol.

yeah im going to be pulling the mouldings once i get the roof painted black and give it a good wax detail :):evil2:,

yeah i love the motorsport trim cause its not a m3 :)

theres also a few SC m3s there ill see if i can find a few pictures.
one twin screw w/ 390wheel on a mustang dyno :evil2:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Meh, that's too big of a turbo for me. Still cool, though. I would love the Motorsport trim on my M3. LOL. Twinscrew must be absolutely nuts! I'd love to take a ride in one! I bet it's nearly uncontrollable - lots of fun!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1345556 said:
Meh, that's too big of a turbo for me. Still cool, though. I would love the Motorsport trim on my M3. LOL. Twinscrew must be absolutely nuts! I'd love to take a ride in one! I bet it's nearly uncontrollable - lots of fun!

yeah the turbo is over kill!! he can't pull away from me lol :) NA!! :evil2:,

yeah the twinscrew is nice, but there is a local who has the highest wHP m3 twinscrew in the continent! lol 450whp e36 4dr :love:, to top that off that guy is a father of 2 and DD it everywhere with the kids in recaro car seats:naughty:,

yeah the moulding where m3 but with just the motorsport badge from BMW 36EA:icon_razz

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
ok well just a bit of a update,

i just picked up a used set of KW variant 2 coilovers for a really good price. also picked up a solid aluminum rear shock mount, I will be installing them tonight and i will post pictures when i get a chance. also picked up a m power valve cover :), i thought i was getting a good deal on ob2 m3 cams until the guy notice one was a s52 exhaust cam and the other was a stack 328is intake :(.

also this week i also got chosen for a free local tune and a custom tune. that is usually 600 with a regular customer :). i am hoping to hit the 200whp mark with the a mustang dyno. and also do some love 14's as i did a 14.7 spinning 1-2nd and letting for tracking :(.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Cool! I think I was looking at those same coilovers, if you got them off BF.c! I decided I'd like a set of used TCKlines, though. (open door, dump in copious amounts of cash... ugh)

Pics!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1350496 said:
Cool! I think I was looking at those same coilovers, if you got them off BF.c! I decided I'd like a set of used TCKlines, though. (open door, dump in copious amounts of cash... ugh)

Pics!

haha naw this guy never posted them forsale :), yeah the feeling is awsome on max dampened its still bare able not teeth shattering :evil2:, but i only got the fronts in lastnight cause of the m3 sway bar being an ass to :( !! the height setting isnt as low at the moment like my other set up but its good for now.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Ah, neat! :) I can't wait to get a set of coilovers on my car- the ride is getting bouncy. :(

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1351204 said:
Ah, neat! :) I can't wait to get a set of coilovers on my car- the ride is getting bouncy. :(

well ran into more problems in the rear:cry:, the rear shocks are koni yellows with dampening and both just wont stay up. one of them once set at the top it goes down slowly so there blown!!! :3d_frown:

but the guy i bought them didnt know they were blown and he was a good friend so hes going to be claiming warrenty cause there not even a year old and have no km on them :(, so i will be receiving new rears from KW.

well i ended up just putting the spring only and kept the bilistens in and runns really nice on the lowest setting and the top of the rubber is in the wheel well :biglaugh::love:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Damn! That sucks, but it's nice that your buddy will warranty them for ya!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Poodles;1354568 said:
bilstein > koni

Not in the BMW world. Bilstein never quite got the valving correct, and as such, they ride very harsh. Check out any BMW forum- everyone hates the Billies, and raves about the Koni's.

There's a reason that GC, TCKline, etc.. all use Koni for their coilover setups! :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Then revalve the bilsteins ;)

Know a guy who did SCCA racing and while he loved his revalved koni's, he had to have them rebuilt all the damn time, went bilstein and never looked back...

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1354353 said:
Damn! That sucks, but it's nice that your buddy will warranty them for ya!

hey hes a good guy so yeah, they still run nice with the bilstein rears but not as stiff as it would be with koni's

shaeff;1354581 said:
Not in the BMW world. Bilstein never quite got the valving correct, and as such, they ride very harsh. Check out any BMW forum- everyone hates the Billies, and raves about the Koni's.

There's a reason that GC, TCKline, etc.. all use Koni for their coilover setups! :)

yeah ive driven a few bmw's with billies and they ride rough and the rebound settings max or not isnt that great as the koni's with the koni's on max rebound there still comfortable and really well in cornering. and the pricing for the bilsteins for bmw are horibble and you can get a far better coilover set for almost the same price.

i will post dyno sheets once i get the car back tom night as its in for custom tuning and to fix the hard idle. im hoping for a 200whp on a mustang dyno :) which will put me in M3 territory :evil2:, and the budget for the year is almost done :(.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Poodles;1354617 said:
Then revalve the bilsteins ;)

Know a guy who did SCCA racing and while he loved his revalved koni's, he had to have them rebuilt all the damn time, went bilstein and never looked back...

True. I wish that some of the good coilover manufacturers would revalve the billies, but really, none do! :( I have seen many threads about sending Koni's in for warranty. :(

arizzle;1354762 said:
yeah ive driven a few bmw's with billies and they ride rough and the rebound settings max or not isnt that great as the koni's with the koni's on max rebound there still comfortable and really well in cornering. and the pricing for the bilsteins for bmw are horibble and you can get a far better coilover set for almost the same price.
Right on.

arizzle said:
i will post dyno sheets once i get the car back tom night as its in for custom tuning and to fix the hard idle. im hoping for a 200whp on a mustang dyno :) which will put me in M3 territory :evil2:, and the budget for the year is almost done :(.
:naughty: Sounds great! If I see you pushing those numbers, I'll have to turn up the juice. ;) LOL!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
shaeff;1355003 said:
:naughty: Sounds great! If I see you pushing those numbers, I'll have to turn up the juice. ;) LOL!

haha yeah you will and you're running a bigger displacement :evil2:, but i still haven't got cams and headers those are next on the list for the N/A mods :love:, then its time to make serious power with a sexy turbine thingy lol :naughty: