scottnicholas.net
5.jpg

19.jpg

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
mecevans;1530455 said:
anyone have a picture of an 89+ bumper with the center thing cut out to look pre-89?

coming back to this, does anyone know if you have to swap out to anything 89+ for this to work? i assume the bumper just bolts up correctly.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
RazoE;1531467 said:
yeah, it's a bolt-on affair..

doesn't look very good on a stock bumper though..

looks great on a Gracer/Greddy bumper, though..

Looks pretty good with that On The Beat front bumper you Photoshopped too :)

(for those who haven't seen... and not my car haha)

p1577654_1.jpg

(original)

p1577654_2.gif

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Mr.PFloyd;1531387 said:
coming back to this, does anyone know if you have to swap out to anything 89+ for this to work? i assume the bumper just bolts up correctly.

Do you mean swap in anything pre-89 (assuming you have an 89+ car) to install a cut 89+ bumper? If you intend to mount the pre-89 turn signals and grill, then yes. You need to swap out the header panel support (the metal frame). It has the mounting points for the earlier style signals and grill.

p1577672_1.jpg

Last edited:

LJM61

May 2, 2005
Cayuga, Ontario. Canada
I realize this thread is a bit long in the tooth for a bump, butttt!!!!

I have a new twist for the pre 89 front bumper thread.
I also prefer the lines of my 88 but i prefer the lower half of the 90+ bumpers and simple vented lower lip.
So here is what I plan on doing over winter. I have acquired 2 spare chassis(88 & 91) with complete body panels.
One is rougher and has had the sub frames removed, so it will become my experimental body mod test bed.

First thing I want to do is cut the hood extender on top of the 91 bumper out and make it smooth like the 88.
Thinking of also doing my own lower lip treatment with integrated aero end plates.

After that.... ???
Thinking of a different kind of wide body project based on the idea of enhancing the existing lines to new dimensions without changing the original lines of the car. Just enough to make any MkIII affectionado make a double take and try to figure out what's up with this picture!

Any input or interest still???

Last edited:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
SuprA70;1577672 said:
Do you mean swap in anything pre-89 (assuming you have an 89+ car) to install a cut 89+ bumper? If you intend to mount the pre-89 turn signals and grill, then yes. You need to swap out the header panel support (the metal frame). It has the mounting points for the earlier style signals and grill.

p1605561_1.jpg

I want to ask about the innercooler mounting for this bumper set up. Is it mounted back further than usual? It looks set further back than normal.

Thanks!

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Koenigturbo;1605561 said:
I want to ask about the innercooler mounting for this bumper set up. Is it mounted back further than usual? It looks set further back than normal.

Thanks!

Sits just behind the bumper support just like the stock IC. The Greddy bumper is what makes it look like it sits deeper (I also had the airdam closed up to forcefeed air to the IC).

Just barely clears the flip out license plate :naughty:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Just barely clears the flip out license plate

Is that licnese plate rigged to the ignition or is it manual?

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Koenigturbo;1605895 said:
Just barely clears the flip out license plate

Is that licnese plate rigged to the ignition or is it manual?

I like the nose cut out because it looks more pre 89 than it does without it cut out. before it looks like a combo pre and after 89.