Post your Pre-89 bumper thread

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
colin39;1605982 said:
sorry buddy got my, post and pre, rs about face. dislexic ko sorry. its the early bumper im looking for in the uk as mines split

No problem, didn't mean to sound like an a**hole if I did :)

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
RazoE;1605994 said:
yeah dude, this thread is for the ugly bumpers Toyota eventually corrected, don't let it happen again..:D

normally I agree with you on things.. but if the 89+ bumper looks better to you, then I'd hate to see your taste in women.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Dylan JZ;1606282 said:
normally I agree with you on things.. but if the 89+ bumper looks better to you, then I'd hate to see your taste in women.

Here's a pic of my girl and I, you tell me..

image021aw2.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Dylan JZ;1606619 said:
not too bad.. you just need to elevate your taste in bumpers to match ;)

The 86.5 is hers, and she loves the pre 89 front (don't know why), just gotta put on the Bomex 3 Hole lip I have for it, been lazy though, just smogged it yesterday..

ironically, she loves everything else 89+ (we've converted the interior, taillights, gauges, wing and other things to 89+ already, hell it's engine is off a '91)..

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Everyone wants what they can't have, which is why we get Euro signals, and they go either full clear or all amber..

also alot of them remove the yellow inserts from their fogs, while we're inserting them into everything we can get our hands on..:D

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Yeah, they were half/half, however the full clear makes the car look so much better and makes it overall clean, aswell as looking a few years younger. These also match the headlights better in dark, didn't like the amber colored lights.

Picture of old lights..

16.jpg

With old headlights: (new ones are clear headlights with blue halogen bulbs, so amber colored wouldn't match very well)

5.jpg

As it is now:

75.jpg

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
RazoE;1606943 said:
Everyone wants what they can't have, which is why we get Euro signals, and they go either full clear or all amber..

also alot of them remove the yellow inserts from their fogs, while we're inserting them into everything we can get our hands on..:D

to your previous post, I tend toward everything else 89+ as well..

and yeah, in Japan they apparently like getting ahold of USDM taillight fixtures coupled with the F and R sidemarkers.

on a side note, I go back on forth on whether I like the euro signals (pre89/89+). I've also seen a lot more tuners in Japan using clear fronts (see avatar), and strangely many of them use the pre89 signals with the 89+ front bumper. I believe Rodel (he comes to mind first) did or continues to do this as well.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
lol ^

RazoE;1607194 said:
Me too, my 92 has pre 89 euro signals, complete with cut grilles, and pre 89 header panel support (but retains the 92 nose)

you like the looks of the pre89 signals I take it?.. or is there another reason?

I have yet to see one with the cut grilles before yours, but it looks cleaner that way.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Koenigturbo;1607227 said:
is she a pre 89????

definitely, she's from '79...that's right, she's 7 years older than me..;)

Dylan JZ;1607248 said:
you like the looks of the pre89 signals I take it?.. or is there another reason?

I have yet to see one with the cut grilles before yours, but it looks cleaner that way.

I love pre 89 signals, I wanted a set for my 89, but since I have the smoked blinker covers, they would interfere with the "scoop" on them, so they're just "plain" 89+ Euros..