Ongoing General MRSO Chat Area

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
I was wondering if Chase was gonna give me props !

If anybody in the area needs welding or fabricationof ANY kind (including Aluminium)
I can do it . Call me or get ahold of Jordan, he can reach me.

Looking good Glenn !!!! I can't wait to make some parts for that thing ! If you'll let me . Lol . Please ?

Anyway I got my engine to run , Finally . Still some tweaking to do.
Thanks to Scott and Jhonny for the help getting this far !

Stay tuned

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
I need to hit you up again actually. I've got an aluminum ic bracket that broke loose, and I need a crack on the frame by the diff welded. Lemme know when uv got a little time.

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
:) Everytime she's on a lift she gets a detailed examination.
plus, "Attention to detail, teamwork is the key" has echoed in my mind since basic training.
I guess I could always try epoxy to fix it. 0:)

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Alot of you already know, but I thought id post it up here so that no one will be missed. Im trying to organize a dyno day at All Aspects near the end of Feb. My goal is to get an exact number of people committed to go, and then work out a discount rate with Keenan. Im actually going to be having mine tuned, as well as a friend of mine. So whether u want to tune, or just lay down some numbers, let me know and we'll finalize a date and time.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
sixpatch;1658886 said:
Hahahahaha... *stops and thinks for a second* wait... I think ur right. Lol. That sucks.
I bet joe wont be able to resist strapping his "beater" on there. :)
Joe is def strapping the beater to the dyno... we will make him or... do it ourselves.
If anyone has there cars running by then I think it would be a good chance at a discounted rate. Also think of it as a Pep Rally for MAY n May meet:: rave ::

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Lol. I can't really get a definite price till I know we have a decent size group going. This is all just prelim stuff so I can call keenan and tell him "I've got 10+ people coming, can we work out a discount?" Right now I think I've got five definites. 2 tuning and 3 laying numbers. Im just hoping to get that number a little higher before I call em.

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Alright guys. I just got off the phone with All Aspects. For a group of 7 we're looking at $50 for 3 pulls for two wheels and $60 for the awd guys. The discount can get better if we get more people to go.

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Hey Applesauce, I've been thinking about what you said a page back or so. The first of May is a Sunday. If you were to plan for that day, the rainout day could still be a May date. What do you think?

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
I wouldnt have a meet on Sunday, To many people travel from out of town. Most have to return to work on Monday, so im going with May 28th so everyone has that long weekend and monday off. June 4th as rainout date.

Last edited:

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
I should be running by May without a problem, so I'll plan on coming to whatever day is chosen. Also, I've seen this thread before and never looked at it, still don't know what MRSO means! Way over my head I guess. Any way I've got some reading and catching up to do.
Good luck to everyone with your projects, hope to see everyone in May.

-Fred

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
SWD Fredester 3;1661285 said:
Also, I've seen this thread before and never looked at it, still don't know what MRSO means! Way over my head I guess. -Fred

M.ideast R.egion S.upra O.wners I think... I should go home and look at my T-shirt. :eek:)

Applesauce, Sounds like a winner to me dude.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Fred,

Great to see you posting here. I have not seen you since the Richmond meet in 08. Have you been working on your Supra since then ? I will come to whatever date is choosen, the later in May the better as we often have a Graduation or two to attend earlier in the month. If it is possible you may want to consider Memorial day weekend. I know traffic etc etc, but that is also when many other longer drive participants could possibly attend. Just a thought, and it might not even be a good thought^^

We as usual still have our permafrost going strong, I can still see grass if I dig for it ^^

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Hey Mark, thanks for the greeting. I had missed this chat area until yesterday! Thanks for starting it.

After the '08 meet I ended up with a BHG and started a new rebuild. It has been going on now for 2 yrs.--off and on . JE Import Performance here in Baltimore has been working on it and the car is close to running again! I did start a thread on it in the Members section.

I'm actually getting anxious now to start driving it again and am looking foreword to the meet and seeing everyone, it's been too long. Must say that I've learned a lot on SM in the past 2 yrs..

I imagine you are buried in the snow up there and it looks like we have more on the way....come on spring!

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Ok need some thoughts on parts here. OEM vs NAPA, Advance, Auto Zone. Pricing on an OEM water Pump is $126.00, Duralast Water Pump, Lifetime Warranty, $46.99. Just curious as to what most here are using, not specifically water pump, but in general replacement parts. I have always used OEM when possible in the past, but $80 difference has me wondering. Most parts like this as we all know are outsourced by the manufacturer, it is simply a matter of finding out who made what part ^^

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Davismj711;1663145 said:
Ok need some thoughts on parts here. OEM vs NAPA, Advance, Auto Zone. Pricing on an OEM water Pump is $126.00, Duralast Water Pump, Lifetime Warranty, $46.99. Just curious as to what most here are using, not specifically water pump, but in general replacement parts. I have always used OEM when possible in the past, but $80 difference has me wondering. Most parts like this as we all know are outsourced by the manufacturer, it is simply a matter of finding out who made what part ^^

I have a "new" OEM water pump--maybe 500 miles on it? sitting on the shelf. Let me know if you want it. The only reason it's not on my current build is because JE went ahead and bought another new one. All I ask is that you pay the shipping-you can have the pump.--Kind of like the "old" car club days.

-Fred

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1663145 said:

You know im a fan of the OEM Papa mark, but if Fred is going to give you a free 2jz pump then by all means take it...