Ongoing General MRSO Chat Area

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
I picked up a sub 100,000 mile MK IV TT 6 speed last month. Parting with my MK III was not an easy task. I had owned her for more than 15 years, it will take some time for me to get thus Sup up to it's standards. I did not make money on the sale, but how often are we paid for our time that we invest in our hobbies anyway. I was able to come out on the plus side of all the parts I put into it though. I found on my way home after picking it up that both the MK III and the MK IV have their areas to shine. I find that one is not better than the other, just different. Each has something unique to offer. I do have 2 7MGTE engines left over, one is nearly complete and the other was turboless with a 7MGE exhaust manifold. So if anyone wishes to travel up to PA to pick one up I will make the price affordable.

Jordan, your parts man at Priority is Billy ? Can he compete with Elmhurst Toyota and Champion as far as price goes ? I have my list put together and will be ordering soon, so let me know.
Joe, Thank you for riding up with Jordan to look at that 97 for me.
Mark, I do hope your project is ready for this years meet, it certainly will be a special one.
Glenn, Don't get a Cressida ^^
Dustin, Are you still working on the v8 swap ?

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Yeah, heard about your new beast as well....I guess you wanted a car with a bigger wing. Lol Jussst kidding...hopefully, the new owner of your MKIII continues to keep it clean and simple...a few tasteful accents of his own would be cool too. ;) Can't wait to see the new!

I wouldn't mind seeing a nice looking Cress... :bigthumb:
p1645503_1.jpg

Last edited:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
s000pra89T;1645503 said:
Yeah, heard about your new beast as well....I guess you wanted a car with a bigger wing. Lol Jussst kidding...hopefully, the new owner of your MKIII continues to keep it clean and simple...a few tasteful accents of his own would be cool too. ;) Can't wait to see the new!

I wouldn't mind seeing a nice looking Cress... :bigthumb:
p1646440_1.jpg

I love the Cress that 1st blk one has my name all over it, someone from MRSO has to get one or else... i'll do it myself, Or maybe something just a tad-bit bigger:naughty:

Mark, I might b able to get those parts from another place that gets use a better discount. Congrats on your new beast1 anytime you need some foot work done I got you brotha. I have been crazy busy with classes, dont want anyone to think i've forgot about anything. Im alos working on my beast also... need to ship out, order and clean some parst all this week, last class is Monday for the holiday break. This school thing is killing me, im so use to turning wrenches on my :bigun2: might have to go back.

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Still can't believe you parted with that amazing blue mk3.
well im officially the proud new owner of Joe's black beast. I'll do my very best to treat her right.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Oh crap. Gotta change my avatar.

Last edited:

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Sixpatch...nice, congrats on the new car....you keeping the maroon one as well?

Glenn...can't wait for the outcome, I'm sure you won't disappoint!

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
soundslikesemi87;1647142 said:
It should be nice...hehe. Hey Ryan, don't you know a bunch of people? I'm sure one of them wants a poopra. haha

I do....but I don't want them to have a nicer Supra than mine. :nono:

soundslikesemi87;1647268 said:
WOOHOOO Downpayment sent, flight tickets purchased, all I have to do now is to carry my ass down to atlanta and pay the car off to drive it home. YEHEY!

Nice. When you going? (man, I need money like this guy....)

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Parting with the MK III was not easy. Had I the garage space and luxury of keeping it I would have. It did go to a great guy that lives near Philly. He was 59 yrs old and had always wanted one. I made his day by accepting his offer of 9k, I was asking $9,995. My plans for the Blue Supra changed after the last meet. I wanted to go 2jzgte, with v160, paint, FMIC etc. The math was not difficult from that point to justify selling it and getting a MK IV. So now I am at the bottom of the mountain again as far as where I want this car to be. It is not bad by any stretch, but man it is not where I like them to be either.

I found on the drive home from Richmond with it that there are many things I like, few that I do not. Believe it or not I found the MK III to be a more refined car. That should not surprise anyone here as it was intended to be a GT. I really think that all the Supras have something very unique to bring to the table. Most importantly for me, I still have a Supra to drive to our meets. Yes, that was important to me.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
To all,

It sounds like we are losing a lot of our MK III's.

Mine is gone.
Mark I hear yours is not running.
Glenn went high class and got a Cressida.
Joe sold his.
Dustin shipping out in June.

etc etc......

Perhaps in order to facilitate all the new Celicas and Cressidas we need to change from MRSO to MRTO ??