NZ Suprafest 2008

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
So we've just finished Suprafest 2008 here.
Day 1 was Dyno Day
Day 2 was Drag Day
Day 3 was Show n Shine & Motorkhana

Dyno day was interesting for me, I was really nervous on how the car would go. My first dyno they backed off at 5k due to leaning out. Later in the day I was thinking about it and upped my fuel pressure and everything was AOK :D I managed to pull 254rwkw/340rwhp on a dirty tune on 14psi. It wasn't the 400whp I was aiming for but close enough :) I'm sure with some dyno time and tuning, i can turn that dirty power into a clean power I should get closer :D

Drag Day
I tried just stomping the throttle off the line but I was just tyre spinning then hitting rev limiter in 1st n 2nd and it was awfully slippery LOL The morning was very very foggy so the strip was slippery to go with it hehe.

2nd time i tried manually shifting the auto, saw 5k on the tacho, sweet, ready for the shift, shift into DN rrrrrrrrr bap bap bap... dammit neutral LOL.
So i'm adding another gate to Neutral on the shifter so that doesn't happen again. While i was doing that trick more slag came out of the manifold and then stuck my wastegate open. So no more racing for me hahah.
I drove home that night and pulled the wastegate off and cleaned it out and put it all back together.

Show n Shine and Motorkhana
I've never driven around corners or tried handbrake tricks n stuff. Wow it was hard but I didn't hit any cones!!!! hehe
My first run was 32 seconds and my 2nd was 23 so I definitely improved hehe.

I then went on to win best mk3 for the show n shine and won some front & rear swaybar bushes, steering & strut caps from RK Bushings :) Talk about stoked.

So all in all Suprafest was a hell of a weekend :D
I have some vids up on my youtube http://youtube.com/user/suprra

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Motorkhana???
this is a new word for me :), I'm guessing its the same as auto-cross.

Sounds like you had a ton of fun!

BTW WTB PICS!!!

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
Suprafest was SO much fun.
The dyno on sat was a joke. Somehow I lost almost 90rwhp - I knew I shouldn't have washed the car. Oh well not to worry.

Here's one of my race's - I hadn't set launch control properly, and had it as a 2nd rev limiter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8EHammHhGE

I managed a 13.63 @ 169kmph on the stupidly slippery track :evil2:
The finals race was me against a 7M-GTE. ahhh what a joyous occasion! Here's the video

link

He crapped all over me at the start. I spun bad! Look at the tyre smoke hehe. But pure HP caught him, and I won YAY :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

My first time out since the new ECU & tune, clutch, intercooler, turbo and well, my whole build actually. Previously I managed a 14.04 on a good track with a shorter ratio diff.
This time I never got out of 3rd - even @ 170kmph (manual remember!).
I even gave my partner a go. She's NEVER raced on a drag strip, let alone a slippery track with a moderatly powered RWD car (she owns a safe 4wd turbo toyota wagon....). She bogged off the line but managed a 16.4 @ 150kmph. So she (or the car) had good top end speed hehe

Autocross was SO much fun. Just look for the video's/pictures of the green MK3. Thats me. I tried to do a good time but thought, bugger it! When else am I going to be able to drive like this. So I used launch control, and sat on 7,800rpm for as long as possible hehe.

I won fastest MK3 at the drags and got a set of front A arm, upper and lower, bushes! So stoked! Will be putting them in this weekend I think :)
Thanks to suze for the youtube vids.