Notorious M.K.3.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Long time since I've been on here, check out some more of Rodels project on our instagram http://instagram.com/kaizen_motorsports or check it out on our facebook http://www.facebook.com/Kaizenmotorsports Im glad that Rodel allowed us to build his car again. It was a long road but his car has a reputation to uphold and so do we. Im glad that our peers voted our cars and helped Rodel win this SIV. For next Year it looks like shops are taking notes from SIV 2012 and more people will be bringing better cars, but you can rest assure that Rodel will bring more heat Next year at SIV!

I will personally bring Two cars out to SIV and will be making passes down the 1/4 mile, So far it looks like some of our competitors have noticed what we have done for the past years and are trying to emulate our work. I hope Next year we have more competition amongst shops to give our clients a little more excitement, just like the years of SILV when MVP, Titan and Boostlogic used to battle it out at the strip.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Dylan JZ;1976544 said:
This style isn't you.. Not one bit.

I await your trip back to glory.

You know I do my thing. Thanks for looking out. :naughty:

Your feedback is appreciated. :icon_bigg

Last edited:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Rajunz;1813486 said:
It's DEFINITELY one of my favorites of all time. This is a cool thread, spent my entire lunch hour going through it all. That story on Sofro is really cool, his car was a huge inspiration for me when I built mine. Keep the progress pictures coming.

-Lance

I will agree on the cool part Lance. The mini meet vid brought back some great memories. Any pack of Supra's heading out to any meet is really when it all comes together. One of the best times I have ever had was doing the Austin Hills Rally.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
rodel;1846456 said:
The harness was a new 7M harness that has been modified. There are only about 65 wires remaining. There will be no zip tie action involved in the finished product.

Twin HKS 60MM would be nice.

Couple of questions. Does the v2 fit any better up in the stock location, and how is the low mid range response with the the newer head?

AEM V1
p1999513_1.jpg

Has been replaced with V2.
p1999513_2.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Looks good as usual Rodel. Is that the purpose of the Kevlar? To protect from scraping the lip?

Also, I like that the Supra is sitting on blocks of wood. That is my choice as well when doing minor things under the car :)

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
lithium14;2002941 said:
that is a GREAT idea. How strong is that stuff? Abrasion resistant as well?

It's like carbon fiber. It's not resistant to abrasion. This is a cosmetic piece. Basically it's the bottom part of the Abflug lip. Shine made a partial abflug lip and I hard to cut it down to the proper size.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;2002943 said:
I've been trying to come up with a "plate or something to put on the bottom of my lip to take the scrapes as well.

Silver MK3;2002950 said:
Looks good as usual Rodel. Is that the purpose of the Kevlar? To protect from scraping the lip?

Also, I like that the Supra is sitting on blocks of wood. That is my choice as well when doing minor things under the car :)

This part has dual purpose. 1. Aesthetic. 2. Lip protection

It is mostly for aesthetic because I am adding more carbon Kevlar accents to the car.

The wood was used for extra clearance.