Notorious M.K.3.

1jz-Rolla

Sep 11, 2011
Canberra
awww....... damn reservations....... this was just getting interesting :)

So you put a VVTi head on the earlier block yeah, not swapped the whole motor?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
1jz-Rolla;1969122 said:
awww....... damn reservations....... this was just getting interesting :)

So you put a VVTi head on the earlier block yeah, not swapped the whole motor?

Reservations for more recap and updates .

Yes....vvti head was mated with my non vvti block. I didnt swap the whole motor.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Some fun goodies that I bought at Japanese Classic Car show a couple of weeks ago.

I found the "Engrish" humorious, so I had to buy it.

• Haha
Reactions: drizzoh

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal

Car finally ran on Oct 1.
http://instagram.com/p/e3gWBjs5d0/

Dyno time on Wednesday, evening Oct 3, three days before Supras Invade Vegas (SIV) 2013 show and shine

558rwhp and 600tq pull video

Jose (Kaizen Motorsports) in the white t-shirt. Daniel, in the black t-shirt, the tuner, of Church Automotive Testing

Final tune: 668rwph 615 torque @ 25lbs of boost on E85

Torque on the left side graph. Power on the right side graph.

Boost

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Fueling up on Friday evening, Oct 4, to make the trip to Vegas on Sat, Oct 5.

For extra measure: 15 gallons of extra fuel in the trunk.

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Are you running only e85? Or do you have a tune for 91 as well?

Glad to see you got it on the road again. We need a meet. :).

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
SIV 2013: Show N Shine and Dyno Challenge

Dyno Video
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rodel/media/20131005_141459.mp4.html

p1969702_6.jpg

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
hvyman;1969701 said:
Are you running only e85? Or do you have a tune for 91 as well?

Glad to see you got it on the road again. We need a meet. :).

Only e85 at the moment, but I will get a tune for pump gas as well, then blend the 2 tunes together so that I both types of fuel in the gas tank simultaneously. I'll set up a meet in the very near future.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nice!! How do you improve on those 3 firsts.. rofl.

Looks like you achieved the dream most of us have. Next year when I show up, I wont be pulling prizes (probably wont have the interior) but will be good to see this car in person.

I just love that car. Funny how my head plays that nah-nah-nah-nah nahtorious song whenever I see the back end of your car. :D

(by the way.. for those that don't know what I am talking about.. listen to Loverboy - Notorious on Youtube)

Last edited:

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1969945 said:
I just love that car. Funny how my head plays that nah-nah-nah-nah nahtorious song whenever I see the back end of your car. :D

Me too! I really like the plate too. Is there some sort of a story behind the plate, or was it just something cool that you wanted to do?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
kotu100;1969871 said:
Congrats on the wins!
Car looks beautiful
Thank you!

Grandavi;1969945 said:
Nice!! How do you improve on those 3 firsts.. rofl.

Looks like you achieved the dream most of us have. Next year when I show up, I wont be pulling prizes (probably wont have the interior) but will be good to see this car in person.

(by the way.. for those that don't know what I am talking about.. listen to Loverboy - Notorious on Youtube)

Silver MK3;1969975 said:
Me too! I really like the plate too. Is there some sort of a story behind the plate, or was it just something cool that you wanted to do?

Thanks! There's always room for improvement. I look forward to meeting you and showing NTORIOS beside your MK3 in Vegas!

Silver MK3;1969975 said:

The license plate refers to Notorious B.I.G.. (My GS300 plate is "HPNATYZ") "NO, NO, NO, NOTORIOUS!" is from this song:
[video=youtube;bs7Ur81Z6Qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs7Ur81Z6Qg[/video]

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah.. Im not much into rappers.. lol. Im old school Tragically Hip, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins... you know.. the boring stuff without swear words and violence.

Thinking back on it, Im really glad you didn't sell your car. It's pretty well a pinnacle of success in MK3 rebuilds. I have seen a lot of really nice builds but yours just seems to look like it belongs. That's rare.. very rare.

Going to go with WILDTHNG or WILD ONE on my car. Just sent my valve covers and intake plenum/mani out for magnetic metallic gray powder coating. Should match my paint perfectly.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
rodel;1970019 said:
The license plate refers to Notorious B.I.G.. (My GS300 plate is "HPNATYZ") "NO, NO, NO, NOTORIOUS!" is from this song:

I figured. I bet a lot of people don't get either of them. My plate just reads SUPRA87 and some people even have trouble with that one...

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Kristian_Wraae;1970140 said:
That TRD strut bar looks out of place.

You should sell it to me.....

:naughty:

I should sell it to you, cuz it doesn't really function. :naughty:

Very short videos. Poor quality. I will get better footage.

Good rolling shot, but the engine can't be heard.

Poor video, but captured a decent sound clip of the exhaust sound.