My new project (bye bye supra)

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Great upgrade!

I would love to get my hands on a 911.

How much did you pay? And please, convert it back to at least one year's style. Its gonna be difficult for you to convert it all back to 65 but find an 80's parts car and make it look stock again lol

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
Well because of that awful face and some other issues (mostly cosmetic), it only cost me ~9000usd

Yep, I plan to, but right now I only think about stock front and interior, as for the back, I like that super big wing, dunno if I want to get rid of it :)

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
ViR2;1093986 said:
Well because of that awful face and some other issues (mostly cosmetic), it only cost me ~9000usd

Yep, I plan to, but right now I only think about stock front and interior, as for the back, I like that super big wing, dunno if I want to get rid of it :)

$9k?? O_O...I would have just gotten a 944 Turbo S, and probably had money left over.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I don't consider the 944 a real Porsche... Maybe it's me but it's not the normal Porsche drivetrain setup and doesn't drive anything like the rest of their product line.

Porsches are always trying to kill you. Go sideways, the ass goes first, and you go flying ass first into the ditch. One of the reasons watching them being pushed hard is so entertaining as the driver HAS to be skilled or he's dead...

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
exactly 911 is classic, and is the real porsche with engine in the back, no electronics, no assists, air cooled engine... 944 is well... Dunno, I wouldn't change it for a Supra :)

And I've just found out, that mine is a slant nose replica, looks like the front end has some value after all :) I might as well sell it rather then chop it :)

And yes, that car demands for a real driver. At first the handling scared me, though I was into rallying and circuit racing, but after first drive with 911 i was scared a bit. Brakes ware hard as fist, peddles ware extremely hard to push and very uncomfortable (even clutch and gas). But it hooked me up right then :)

Johnathan, you do know that these baby's (pre -73) cost up to 60k euros in europe? And cheapest is 10k euros... So it's a steal for me :)

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
no way, the only 911 i would change this to is the one from same year but fully original :) I love old cars and the way they look, I dont want them be super fast.
Chassis is the same up to 90s 911, so it's not that hard to make them fast :)

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
IJ.;1093659 said:
LHD is a gay left over from medieval times so when people on horseback passed each other their swordarms were away from each other (trusting souls eh)

NFI why the USA adopted it.

RazoE;1093662 said:
that's also why we shake with our right hands, and lift our hats off to women...

Always can get a good laught here!!!

I like the car. I'm sure you'll get her fixed up right away. I had extra time before airport and stopped in at porsche dealership. I love the lines on the caymen.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
ViR2;1095366 said:
no way, the only 911 i would change this to is the one from same year but fully original :) I love old cars and the way they look, I dont want them be super fast.
Chassis is the same up to 90s 911, so it's not that hard to make them fast :)

I didn't necessarily mean mod to make it faster, I see little stuff I'd change personally (like the turbo badge on the back seat, WTF).

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
yep, that "tiuuurbo" badge is the first thing that is coming off, second will be that damn awful shifter with blue neon lights, and those cheap china plastic peddles :)

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
so, first present for my 911 :)
small_cover.gif

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Poodles;1094052 said:
I don't consider the 944 a real Porsche... Maybe it's me but it's not the normal Porsche drivetrain setup and doesn't drive anything like the rest of their product line.

Porsches are always trying to kill you. Go sideways, the ass goes first, and you go flying ass first into the ditch. One of the reasons watching them being pushed hard is so entertaining as the driver HAS to be skilled or he's dead...

You have never driven a 944 then have you.

I hate it when people talk out of their asses about Porsches they have never owned.

Is the front end a replica or something cut off a real 930?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
IJ.;1093659 said:
LHD is a gay left over from medieval times so when people on horseback passed each other their swordarms were away from each other (trusting souls eh)

NFI why the USA adopted it.
They did it just to piss off the Brits for the revolution. Quite a number of things like that happened, the most famous being the Boston tea party. :D

johnathan1;1093997 said:
$9k?? O_O...I would have just gotten a 944 Turbo S, and probably had money left over.
You haven't heard the Rule of Porsche, have you?

Any Porsche with a '4' in the badge sucks. If it has two of them, you'll be lucky to get it to start, stop, and steer more than once a year.