MAJOR PROBLEM, well to me at least, help needed badly!

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
HELP PLEASE! ok ok when i start my car, it starts fine, but when i step on the gas it doesn't rev, it like farts and almost's dies, anyone know what the problem may be, like when i floor the pedal is dies, or when i engage the pedal quickly it dies, er not dies but gets to the point. but when i engage the gas slowly it revs fine till after 2K then it does the same thing. and with open downpipe it sounds liek a big repeated fart like a harley sort of er a tracker, and i checked my wires and they are correct any help is needed! please help!

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
i did, and the AFM is plugged in, and i checked the vaccum hoses, and the vaccum hoses seem to be in the right places as well. one of the tech's at my work right now is saying that i may need a new AFM...

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
yes it will idle on it's own. i don't know where else i can have a boost leak, new accordian hose, checked my intercooler piping (no cracks)... i forgot what slots i put the paper clip in, to count the code. anyone have the link? i didn't find it on my search. Thanks for the help you guys! =) also as far as the link goes could you send me the thread where it has the link to site with all the codes and what not. once again thank you for your time.

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
you know what kinda sucks now, for some reason it won't even start..like it starts but then dies right after. like tah dah - boom, off.....pushing on the gas while doing it doesn't help either... that seems AFM related....

Turbo Targa

Sep 1, 2005
My car is having the same kind of problems except yesterday it wouldn't idle but reved fine. But now it idles fine and wont rev?!?!?!

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
yeah there is, my cousin is going to bring her's over today. and my other friend just had the same problem with his 91, and it turned out it was his AFM, that's why i'm sorta jumping to conclusions, but i'll find out today if it starts with my cousins.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
did anyone pull their codes? use the link IJ gave, or the link in my sig...

-shaeff

Turbo Targa

Sep 1, 2005
That last code I got was an 11. I figured this was due to very poor idling problem I was having. It would practically stall and then come back to life, and everytime this occured the check engine light would come on for a moment. Should I reset the codes and see if any new ones come up?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i got a code 11 when i had a dead short in my battery. a new battery fixed my problem. :) might be something to check into...

-shaeff