Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Wow Weez, that is freakin' awesome looking and you are doing an awesome job at that. I think you may be setting a trend here. I am already looking at my hood now.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Heh, wont be the first trend I started, lol.
Im seriously thinking about making a NACA duct on the passenger side right above the air filter. Im concerned about how much rain we get here in the Valley though, so Im trying to figure out a way to allow air in, but keep the water from hosing down my air filter. I think it would really make the hood more special, but I want it to be completely functional.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
theWeezL said:
FRIGGIN PIECE OF CRAP!

Shes doing it to me again. I am pretty much at a loss for what to try next to solve the problem. About the only things I can even think of now are changing the ECU or the injectors themselves. Since it is heat related I dont hold out much hope that the ECU will solve anything. The injectors might somehow be at fault I suppose, but to be honest I think thats just a shot in the dark. Ive pretty much run out of options and quite honestly patience.

I hate the car, and Im sorry I ever bought it. Im now finally beginning to understand the Supra reputation. My biggest regret is selling my 86.5NA.

havent finished reading the thread yet but try changing the temp sensor for the ecu. i had this prob on an n/a. disconected it and the car would start fine. its one of the sensors on the thermo housing, been awhile so ont recall which one it was exactly.

Last edited:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
^^^weez, that could be it, the green coolant temp sensor, I did have one do that on my old 22re pickup. There are checks in the tsrm for ohms per certain temperature.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ya know to be honest its not really that hard, assuming you have the right tools.

Used a cutoff wheel to make the cut, bought some sheet metal, cut little strips to support the sub structure, made cardboard templates of the holes I needed to fill, cut the sheetmetal with a cutoff wheel, tack welded it in place, lay down some mud, sand it, prime it....

I was pretty careful in the planning stage of it, so I knew exactly how I was going to do it. everything after that was cake.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ValgeKotkas said:
Lucy is t3h sex, needing only a lip... :)

Agreed, lip and lowered. Just havent gotten to that yet. Would have been done a long time ago but I had to spend money and time making her start reliably. Speaking of that, Lucy is once again starting...but Im waiting for the other shoe to drop. She WILL leave me stranded somewhere, its a matter of where and when.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
suprasport91 said:
I wish i could do that to my hood, i know i would ruin it tho

Damn, what would Weezl's car look like if he had your attitude? O.K., so a stock looking supra still looks pretty goo, I'll give you that. I know it's not near as easy as he explained it, but you can't be scared to try. We'd all still be riding horses if it wasn't for inventors and intrigued minds like Wilburs, Orvilles, Benjamins, and Weezl's...................;)

Glad you got Lucy running again Weezl. She's too pretty to just be looked at............lol

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Thanks man, just came back from a hard run up Mary's Peak road. Lucy ran great. My fuel cut problem is gone (AFM screw mod) at 10lbs. She started every time today. this coming week I hope to be buying paint for the hood.

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
So what was it? Last suggestion was temp sensor but you didn't say whether that was it or not.

Glad it's running well, that has to be a huge relief!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, Im not fully convinced the hot start issue is fixed. The last time I thought I had it licked it popped back up in a week. Hasnt been a week yet since the last time. I actually havent made any changes in that regards. However, I am trying to get ahold of a temp sensor and a solenoid resistor to try in there as well.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
then again it is intermittent so it may have to be acting up, may even start if its bad if you unplug it, but will prob run like shizzle.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
tookwik4u89 said:
then again it is intermittent so it may have to be acting up, may even start if its bad if you unplug it, but will prob run like shizzle.

yeah thats kinda what I was waiting for. I got a can of starting fluid to see if it will fire off that, and I plan to pull the temp plug to see if that makes a difference when and if it acts up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.