Just Bought it!

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Well guys, here is the story. I saw this car a year ago and i fell in love with it. I didn't sleep for couple of weeks when i drove it. But i couldn't buy it because of money issues but i kept in contact with the seller and i bought it after a year!!

My Red Toyota Supra, 89 Turbo, 5 Speed, Targa!

p996853_1.jpg

p996853_2.jpg

p996853_3.jpg

p996853_4.jpg

p996853_5.jpg

p996853_6.jpg

I had my buddy drive the car home since i m not good with driving a stick and my other buddy sat with him and i followed it home.

Big thank you to Ahmed for letting me borrowing the chrome rims, since the seller didn't want to sell the rims to me and didn't have stock. Thanks bro.

The problems with the car is, ripped and tear Interior, Exhaust leak from somewhere by the turbo or something. I need to find out. E-brake don't work, some what overheating problems.. thats what the seller told me but i didn't have a problem getting it home after a 20 mile drive.

I will post more pics tomorrow. when i wash it and clean it.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
yea thz. I m thinkin about changing the stock turbo or at least clean it up and buy a down pipe and also maybe a full exhaust. Metal Gasket and ARP a must and will be doing that in up coming weeks.

More pics coming soon.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
-=Fonz=-;996863 said:
yea thz. I m thinkin about changing the stock turbo or at least clean it up and buy a down pipe and also maybe a full exhaust. Metal Gasket and ARP a must and will be doing that in up coming weeks.

More pics coming soon.

Great idea. The fact that it needed coolant and that it overheated.... BHG.

But great looking supra!!! :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Kckazdude;996959 said:
Having to already add water is not a good sign. Good looking body however.

It's a supra, he's going to have to add water eventually and he probably works out............:naughty:

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
ahahha you guys are funny. Thz haha

the seller told me it overheats but yea it will overheat if there isn't any coolant in the car. i went to the gas station to put some in it and some gas and air in the tires. My buddy byran drove it to my house 20 miles away and it didn't over heat or leak at all. So far NO BHG soo im fuckin happy. I will upgrade to MHG soon when i have money in couple of weeks.

For 1500 with no serious problems. I think it's a steal.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Yep BHG. :( Start ripping the head off so you dont warp it any more, and install MHG.

By the way nice looking car, and for $1500 now thats a buy!!!!!!! Body looks straight, needs front lip, and Chrome saw blades----don't see those much around.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
-=Fonz=-;997067 said:
For 1500 with no serious problems. I think it's a steal.

That's a pretty good deal I'll agree. If you are going with a MHG you'll need to pull the motor anyway and have the block and head machined so go ahead and replace the bearings, seals, and rings. If you don't do this right the first time you'll be doing it again sooner rather than later....I promise.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ahh yes...recruits for the 3E5 camp. yes $1500 is a very good price, even with its issues. Nice looking car...get that BHG fixed and she should serve you well for a long time.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
ok guys i found whats wrong with it. It doesn't have a BHG at all. The exhaust leak is coming from the manifold by the turbo. I was bored and decided to see if it needs a filter changed, so i tried to open it and couldn't get it to open at all. but i saw a little bit of inside and guess what i see...... FUCKIN OIL!!!! the pipe where its connected to the turbo and to the air filter, there was oil! so i guess the turbo is leaking oil!. so im deciding to buy a stock turbo of the forum and change the manifold and dp and full exhaust by end of next month till then no driving .

Anyone here knows how to take the turbo intake pipe out.. let me know please.. its seems a bitch to get it out. I can't find my repair manual that i bought from Autozone.

Anyone here has a stock Ct turbo in good condition for cheap and also the turbo manifold... please pm me

Also Aftermarket 3"dp and full exhaust. ?? good condition......for cheap

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
well since it doesn't have a BHG, i will still be getting a headgasket, I will be doing a full restoration on this car next year. Plans are to rebuild the motor and restore the car. Ground up.

But first i gotta get this turbo oil problems fixed.