Just Bought it!

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
-=Fonz=-;997696 said:
... I was bored and decided to see if it needs a filter changed, so i tried to open it and couldn't get it to open at all. but i saw a little bit of inside and guess what i see...... FUCKIN OIL!!!! the pipe where its connected to the turbo and to the air filter, there was oil! so i guess the turbo is leaking oil!...

Not sure I understand... Are you saying that the accordian pipe has oil in it? How much? If it's only a bit, it's prolly from the PVC-type(that's prolly not what I should call it) plumbing. Notice the pipe that connects both valve covers to both the throttle body and to the accordian hose? sometimes you get some oil blow-by in there and it gets the accordian oily. Again though, If it's ALOT of oil, then yeah, ya got problems.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Get a downpipe form 935motorsports. It's a BIC copy for like $249.00 and well worth it. You'll turbo will thank you for it.
https://935motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1565
Coolant doesn't just disappear. If you're having to add coolant and it was running hot on the last owner, you have problems. They can be fixed easily enough, but you're going to have to pull the motor. Don't keep driving it and end up stranded somewhere.

P.S., It would look soooo much better if it were blue...........:biglaugh:

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
what you mean by little ?? Under the intake(big round thing) has oil everywhere and wires seems to be covered in oil. and inside the intake(big round thing) there was oil, looked a little but i ganna have to check open the pipes up and find out where it's coming from. cuz this is really annoying me. I will be very happy if it's not coming from the turbo

Also when i try to drive fast today with the exhaust leak, the car turns off and turns back on, The engine light and battery light and some other lights come on.. like when you about to start the car, all the lights come on the dashboard and then go away.. Why is it doing that ??? This happens when i pulled the car good.

Remember it has a exhaust leak and i had a neighbor look at it today who works on car. Tells me that there is a oil burnt smell to. No coolant burnt smell.

A-model_

Jun 7, 2006
TX
-=Fonz=-;997907 said:
what you mean by little ?? Under the intake(big round thing) has oil everywhere and wires seems to be covered in oil. and inside the intake(big round thing) there was oil, looked a little but i ganna have to check open the pipes up and find out where it's coming from. cuz this is really annoying me. I will be very happy if it's not coming from the turbo

Also when i try to drive fast today with the exhaust leak, the car turns off and turns back on, The engine light and battery light and some other lights come on.. like when you about to start the car, all the lights come on the dashboard and then go away.. Why is it doing that ??? This happens when i pulled the car good.

Remember it has a exhaust leak and i had a neighbor look at it today who works on car. Tells me that there is a oil burnt smell to. No coolant burnt smell.

Does the car have an aftermarket Blow Off Valve?

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
I m pretty sure it doesnt. I was going to install one some time this summer.

I m going to take out all the pipes that are connected to the intake and see where it's coming from. I hope it's not the turbo.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
"Blue chulappa" - Plans as of right now,

- 1.2 Hks head gasket with Arp head bolts
- If turbo is bad, change the turbo and the stock manifold.
- ful exhaust before end of the summer
- interior seats re-done by my dad
- change all the fuilds by end of next week
- install a new cd player and fix up all the switches and get it working porperly before anything serious

" i like cars" ill post more pics tomorrow for sure. i washed the car and it looks nicer now then before.

I ll be posting pics and thread build and all that goodies and stuff in this thread instead of making countless useless threads over and over again. I like to keep it one thread. less pain.

I just need money right now :'(

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
more pics

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1000259_1.jpg

p1000259_2.jpg

p1000259_3.jpg

p1000259_4.jpg

p1000259_5.jpg

p1000259_6.jpg

p1000259_7.jpg

p1000259_8.jpg

559REDSUPRA

Banned
Apr 22, 2008
Fresno,CA
i remember when i first bought my red 89 supra looks just like ur man...after 2 weeks later the car change big, the looks is the first thing i did to it

BEFORE
p1000303_1.jpg

AFTER
p1000303_2.jpg