:::INDY 2009 MEET::: (Indy2K9)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Looks so much better than the day I had...

Mostly good news about my uncle though, he's doing well and his spirits are high. Was very excited when his entire family made the trip down to see him.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
nice pics!

who's car is this?

100_0838.JPG

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
crisp;1315758 said:
Hey, people! That was GREAT!

INDY 2K9 was a blast! Just home awhile ago back here in Ohio... and after a MAD RUSH since March 8th, I was able to SHOW with the car... and MEET with the other fellow Supra (and kind) owners in a super-ra time of hanging out with our cars and our tales. From coolant-less sevenem's on dyno runs, to hose popping, oil leaking, smoke billowing, horsepower hunting and a desperate effort to ward off chills from the ripping winds and our ill-clad fair-weather hopefuls... at the end of the day, the sun was out, we were ALL likely sunburned (without realizing it) and plenty fatigued as a common-collective of our automotive affections.

Thanks to EVERYONE for a great time of looking, talking, laughing, and empathy of sorrowful episodes shared. It all went by too quickly, and the hindsight regrets of not investing more in the personal interactions with everyone will just have to haunt me until NEXT TIME!;)

Here's a few of the pics I managed to snap amidst my distracted efforts to wipe away the weeks dust, dirt, and rain-residue (NOT to mention the Wilwood BREAK-IN dust!) and a preoccupation with dyno-runs amiss... all things tolled, it was a good start to what I hope will develop into a regular obsession. (If my WIFE heard that, she'd be considering that "irreconcilable differences" clause thing...:icon_surp)

Enough of my mindless rant... and on with a token set of a few of the pics I snagged!:biglaugh:

p1316104_1.jpg

EDIT: I guess I should add a shot of mine, too... just to prove I made the event!;)

-crisp

Woot! There's my baby on the end... Naked without a muffler lol.

Thanks for the pics man! Great car!

-Nick-

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Big Thanks out to Jeff for throwing this meet together. Definitely worth the time & effort he put into this. My loss for not being able to catch the whole day Sat or Sunday. Was real good to see old faces & a few new ones. Not to mention all the great looking Supras. Hey Matt, get some more Vids of your beast posted up so we can get our Fix on crazy horse power of yours since we were denied on Sat. Seriously thanks to everyone that made it out because it was great to see you & your Supras. Now Everyone get in the mindset of CHi2K9.

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Steve_N;1316262 said:
Big Thanks out to Jeff for throwing this meet together. Definitely worth the time & effort he put into this. My loss for not being able to catch the whole day Sat or Sunday. Was real good to see old faces & a few new ones. Not to mention all the great looking Supras. Hey Matt, get some more Vids of your beast posted up so we can get our Fix on crazy horse power of yours since we were denied on Sat. Seriously thanks to everyone that made it out because it was great to see you & your Supras. Now Everyone get in the mindset of CHi2K9.

I definitely agree.

Jeff, great job man! The meet was awesome and I really wish I would have been up there today. Great meeting you and all of the other members.

Thanks once again!

-Nick-

P.S. Quinn, if I dyno in Dallas, which I'm already planning on, I'll record it and post it up here.

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
Yeah, thanks Jeff, even though I think the wife and I (with the kids) were there for the shortest time of anyone, after getting lost on the way there, and again on the way to the Indy drift event (which we showed up to 1/2 hour before the end of, so didn't even bother with). After seeing all your nice Supras and everything else there, makes me want to get wrenching on the Cressida to get the engine out and into the Supra. Hopefully Indy2K10 shows both my MX83 and the wife's MA70.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Many thanks to Jeff and everyone who helped make this event great. It was nice meeting more fellow Supra and SC owners, not to mention putting some faces/names to screennames/cars :)

Made it back home after the four hour drive in one piece with only one near miss when a Monte Carlo decided to ignore the yield sign merging into the construction zone we were in, nearly taking off our front bumper. Will post up pictures from Sunday's events later this week.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
I went also but was with a different crowd, went with a couple friends kinda of a spur of the moment thing, looked like most of you guys got a kick out of the 1jz rx7 we brought up.
was hoping some supras would have raced, but looked like alot of you came from a distance and could not risk a break down, hope to see some supras next year. :)

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Steve_N;1316262 said:
Big Thanks out to Jeff for throwing this meet together. Definitely worth the time & effort he put into this.
Now Everyone get in the mindset of CHi2K9.

You're welcome, Steve! :) And yes, 100% correct..
It's time to get your Chi2k9 Game faces on.
Because this is really going to be special & memorable one...

XofXtimeX;1316324 said:
Jeff, great job man! The meet was awesome and I really wish I would have been up there today. Great meeting you and all of the other members.
Thanks, Nick. It was great to have another JZA70 car representing with me...:biglaugh: But seriously, awesome setup you have and I hope to see it in the future. Have a safe trip back to TX!

bishop40k;1316363 said:
Yeah, thanks Jeff, even though I think the wife and I (with the kids) were there for the shortest time of anyone, after getting lost on the way there

Sorry to hear about the confusion. :( I don't recall speaking with you specifically (or better yet, don't remember hearing your s/n mentioned there!),
...If not, apologies for not introducing myself.
I bluff a lot...but it's way too fun being able to see the enthusiast count/interest and bar getting set for each year...I'll likely put together another meet this time next year as well. I'd love to see your cars then!

milisakeracing;1316428 said:
Many thanks to Jeff and everyone who helped make this event great. It was nice meeting more fellow Supra and SC owners, not to mention putting some faces/names to screennames/cars :)
You sir, have my vote for the best sounding V8 Supra I'VE ever heard. :drool:
Absolutely beautiful car, and I can't wait to see what you do with it next.
I better see that monster at the Chi2k9 meet this August! ;)
And thanks for coming down! :)

*****TO EVERYONE ELSE*****

It was a pleasure to see everyone again, along with some newbies that I hope to see returning to the meets. :)
Yesterday was a blast at O'Reilly...Don't think I could get any complaints on not having something to watch as there were 18 and a half different things going on ALL at once! :aigo:
Today, For the mini-cruise + BBQ + park...Great time for being able to relax,
Get a little goofy, and be able to enjoy the nice weather.

I'll be posting pictures no doubt...(Will start a thread in the Gen.Disc. forum),
But I'll save most of the pictures for you guys to post since I'll be making
a movie/DVD out of the meet. :)

Thanks again for attending, everyone. I had a blast. :)

Jeff

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Wow.... what a weekend. If you were there you would understand. If you did not make it, you missed out on a lot of great people and cars, and hopefully you will make it to Chi2k9.

Jeff, my hats off to you, great job, the show the picnic, awsome.

Got home and crashed.... bed not car. My wife commented on what a special group of supra owners everyone was.

Quinn I want to talk more about the non turbo engine you proposed, thought about it all the way home.

Looking forward to CHI2K9 and seeing everyone again. :biglaugh:

Scooter..................

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
XofXtimeX;1316324 said:
I definitely agree.

Thanks once again!

-Nick-

P.S. Quinn, if I dyno in Dallas, which I'm already planning on, I'll record it and post it up here.

You better! lol

CoopMK3

Who's the chick in my bed
Jan 12, 2009
Whiteland, Indiana
Could have been warmer but really glad we went! SO many supras i say we out numbered RX7 guys :p... Ill be posting my pics in just a few moments hope to see everyone at Chi

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
Should i post reasons why my car was unable to make it? and dyno...and drag...:3d_frown:

Closest Supra owner TO the meet up place and i got a half a mile away jeez. What are the chances 2 years in a row my car misses the indy meet... :/

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
Steve_N;1316262 said:

I will get some more videos posted im a litle unsure of how much power i wanna run through the trans since ALL of it was in peices when you guys were enjoying the meet lol. I was all tuned and had 110 in the tank new driveshaft for a good show too :(

I will deff get to the track and on a dyno SOON to show some numbers! Sorry for the miss i missed seein everyone which sucks too. Glad to hear about the good turn out and fun everyone had, sorry again i missed , took about a total of 15 hours to fix (finding problem taking another broken trans and using parts to fix).

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ get a different clutch and that problem wouldn't happen. If the trans holds, something else is gonna break. That's a shit ton of power snapped onto the drivetrain über quick... You can't honestly expect it to last forever. Something has to give somewhere, I'd let it be the clutch.

Oh... And lol. :)

Chicago is when, again?

Last edited:

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
According to Jeff's other thread, Chi is Aug 6-9th. I guess I have my deadline for the Cressida and Supra to be driving (even though both will be N/A for now, unless I stumble into a very large chunk of cash).

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Ok, per Jeff's request, here are some pics on my sunroof.

The sunroof is a Webasto power spoiler sunroof. The headliner is new also, the place I had it done at had the material that perfectly matched my cloth seats and charcole gray interior. This one is far superior than the first one I had installed, my first one was a SFC power spoiler sunroof. It had this big plastic ring inside the car as a trim piece, I hated it. Sorry no pics on old one.

Attachments

• IMG_1937-2.jpg
    IMG_1937-2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1938-2.jpg
    IMG_1938-2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1931-2.jpg
    IMG_1931-2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1939-2.jpg
    IMG_1939-2.jpg