If you're an mk3 owner: How do you respond when someone says, "It's just not a mk4"

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
S.A. supra;1954381 said:
A lot of mkiii owners down play the mkiv. I would say 95% of us would jump at the chance to own a mkiv. But we don't have one so we act like what we have is what would have choose given the chance. Lets be honest.

Count me in for the 5%...well nevermind I take that back if I was given one I would gladly accept it...

then sell it, and stick the money in my mkIII!

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Shane;1954399 said:
You're right, I was mistaken. It's a '94.

Now that I can believe. I almost bought a 94TT6spd. Red with only 23K miles. It got away from me though. Ah well... some sweet day. RSP is my favorite anyway. Hunter Green is nice too :)

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
VegaSupra;1954404 said:
Now that I can believe. I almost bought a 94TT6spd. Red with only 23K miles. It got away from me though. Ah well... some sweet day. RSP is my favorite anyway. Hunter Green is nice too :)

It is red. I think they call it Ren Red? Or something?

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
Enraged;1954409 said:
my usual response is "because I don't want to drive a car that looks like a jelly bean"

Quite true. I'm actually considering picking up an 85 MKII just because it's pretty but, money is tight :(

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
S.A. supra;1954381 said:
A lot of mkiii owners down play the mkiv. I would say 95% of us would jump at the chance to own a mkiv. But we don't have one so we act like what we have is what would have choose given the chance. Lets be honest.

I will be honest to say that there are plenty of mk3 owners that basically buy the car as a mk4 place holder, sure. Now on to myself, I honestly did choose to buy the mk3. Personally I could buy a mk4 tomorrow with out have to take out a loan (which many young people will do). To me, I just don't want a mk4 so I would be your 5%.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well I guess I was wrong. Everyone is driving the car they've always wanted. Somehow I doubt it. Along with being cheap mkiii owners aren't very honest.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Is it really that hard to believe that some people just know what they want? This isnt a bandwagon where everyone should jump on and the few that CHOOSE not to are somehow wrong or in some kind of denial. I'm an engineer I'm not exactly hurting for money. I buy what I want...I chose the Mk3. I didn't want Mk4 and still don't. Whether someone thinks I'm crazy or not is their problem.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
S.A. supra;1954425 said:
Well I guess I was wrong. Everyone is driving the car they've always wanted. Somehow I doubt it. Along with being cheap mkiii owners aren't very honest.

you sound like a real nice guy. on that note, i don't wish i had any other mk3 supra. i flew from diego to kansas to get mine, and it's MINT condition. Just waxed it last week. Minty fresh and hyper glossy. nary a scratch on it.

laters

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
I suppose the surprise is contrary to popular belief not every import car owner wants a mk4 supra, period. This applies to honda, mk3 supra, mazda owners alike. Anyway, I believe this is starting to get a bit off subject here. This is about the response to those jerks out there that undermind your mk3. This is NOT an mk3 vs. mk4 fight.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Actually, the car I always wanted was a white Lambo Countach. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of driving one about 15 years back.

It makes a great decoration piece for a garage (or living room?) but as a car it's terrible.

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
GrimJack;1954432 said:
Actually, the car I always wanted was a white Lambo Countach. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of driving one about 15 years back.

It makes a great decoration piece for a garage (or living room?) but as a car it's terrible.

BWUAHAHAH I was also in love with the Countach until I sat in one.......sad day

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
T3rril79;1954431 said:
I suppose the surprise is contrary to popular belief not every import car owner wants a mk4 supra, period. This applies to honda, mk3 supra, mazda owners alike. Anyway, I believe this is starting to get a bit off subject here. This is about the response to those jerks out there that undermind your mk3. This is NOT an mk3 vs. mk4 fight.

^Truth. Its a car...4 wheels,4 tires, gasoline. If you love your car, great thats all that matters.

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
S.A. supra;1954425 said:

If I had the car I want it would be a 1990 MKIII with a 1UZ swap, or a 2006 RX-8+t 6-speed.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I never had anyone said that to me. I bought this car because I wanted a car (DD) I wouldn't mind putting some mileage to it. Then years past by it just became a toy car for me (hobby).

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Shane;1954439 said:
If I had the car I want it would be a 1990 MKIII with a 1UZ swap, or a 2006 RX-8+t 6-speed.

1990 MKIII... Por que?

I had a 2005 RX-8 GT 6spd. Bad A$$ ride. Not very fast per say (only 238hp), but the styling was superb.

Loved everything about it except the sluggish low end and poor gas mileage.

Check it:

rx8 front.jpgrx8 interior 2.jpgrx8 interior.jpgrx8 rear.jpg