I was just given a Supra...now what? Now with pics!

What should I do with the free Supra

• Drive it into the ground

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Restore it, keep it stock

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Motor swap!

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Part it out

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Poodles;1387779 said:
WTF is with everyone saying part it out? As if enough supras haven't already been sacrificed...

agreed.

and dont generalize all GE's because yours falls on its face after 4k sounds to me like you have an ACIS problem.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
dude if u already have one just restore it and keep it stock i dont know about you guys but where i live there are 2 mk3 supras one is the one i just bought the other one is trashed out our cars are vary hard to find it took me months to even get one in decent shape. these cars are rare restore it but thats just me? the cash for clunkers ate 4 of them out here 2 at one dealership alone i hate stupid ppl:icon_evil

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
supraRAKK;1388583 said:
i pray no matter what u do u dont cash that clunker:3d_frown:

If he did just get it, it doesn't qualify. He has to own and have insurance on it for 1 year before it will qualify for C.A.R.S.

Also :ttiwwp:

suprachick22

Aug 1, 2009
colorado
who cares if you already have one. how many ppl can say they have two? excatly! keep it restore it make it your fun pretty car to show off or make it your race car and keep the other for show. hell if not give it to some one who really wants to do something with it and make it there baby! dont cash for clunker it :icon_evil dont ruin it :icon_mad:. i repeat..... DONT RUIN IT MAKE IT PRETTY! :icon_bigg they are a rare find where i live and would love to see more

kasonw

Aug 31, 2008
Miami, FL
hey Limequat,

I'm looking for a good condition mkIII shell (1990 is sweet). Would you be able to post some pics or send some to me at least. How much to take it off your hands? I'm in the miami area but could get someone to pick it up from you in Detroit.
my 1990 just got banged up pretty bad over the weekend. wet roads are hell on earth. was my fault for even taken it out that night with the wet roads. I'm planning to swap out everything into a good chassis and shell so let me know what you decide.

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
kasonw;1388791 said:
hey Limequat,

I'm looking for a good condition mkIII shell (1990 is sweet). Would you be able to post some pics or send some to me at least. How much to take it off your hands? I'm in the miami area but could get someone to pick it up from you in Detroit.
my 1990 just got banged up pretty bad over the weekend. wet roads are hell on earth. was my fault for even taken it out that night with the wet roads. I'm planning to swap out everything into a good chassis and shell so let me know what you decide.

Sorry, kasonw, this was gift from a friend. I wouldn't feel right about selling it. I think I'll just drive it until it breaks - which might be pretty soon. It was 2 quarts low on oil :aigo:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
suprachick22;1388625 said:
who cares if you already have one. how many ppl can say they have two? excatly! keep it restore it make it your fun pretty car to show off or make it your race car and keep the other for show. hell if not give it to some one who really wants to do something with it and make it there baby! dont cash for clunker it :icon_evil dont ruin it :icon_mad:. i repeat..... DONT RUIN IT MAKE IT PRETTY! :icon_bigg they are a rare find where i live and would love to see more

Its fun having more than 1 Supra, but you need to remember, YOU HAVE MORE THAN 1 SUPRA...and they all have the same issues, especially when all need tires, hahah...

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
for the record, my na is pretty quick for an na lead sled, and its real power comes around 4 or a lil after

and just my two cents. i have an 87 turbo hard top and a 90 targa na, and that na is awesome as heck when the turbo is down or is being worked on, its just a pure joy to be able to drive a supra around when your beast is being pampered or medicated so to speak lol, plus the interior on my turbo car is eh, its ok, but my targa is amazing, its the white package as well, but with aftermarket wheels and blue interior, i just dolled it up with exhaust and intake and left it alone, just something to enjoy

food for thought

Last edited:

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
SupraDreamPDR;1388900 said:
Drive it into the ground... then park it and restore it. You should be finished (or close to it) with your 4.2L Supra project by then... Right?? :evil2:

I like the way you think.

Thanks for the input all. I'm still mulling it over. It'll probably depend on how much oil it takes next time I fill it up!