I was just given a Supra...now what? Now with pics!

What should I do with the free Supra

• Drive it into the ground

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Restore it, keep it stock

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Motor swap!

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Part it out

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
I was just given a 1990 Supra non-turbo, targa, with the white package. It has 205,000 miles. The body's straight, it runs good, but it's getting a bit rough around the edges.

The question is, now what? I already have a project Supra.
My driver is a 2005 Saab 9-2x, running 20+ psi.

Last edited:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Drive it in the ground then,..
Part it, or

Give it to me.

Seriously: I'd part it, It sounds like it's more work and money to restore it. instead of spending money on a car that basicly needs to start over and needs everything, plus parts for the swap. I'd put your money where you have a car that's almost done. Unless you have loads of money and time.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
Negative on the 7m-gte swap. I'm spending a lot of time and money to go away from the 7m-gte on my other supra. Why spend a lot of time and energy to have a worse car with the same engine?

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
This just in:

The 7M-GE is a turd. Sorry to all the n/a guys out there, but this engine sucks. Is there any point to revving beyond 4K?

Rocks to drive with the targa off again, though. Why isn't this standard on all cars?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
not sure, I have a hardtop supra and enjoy how solid it is and how quiet it can be..

but nothing beats hearing the BOV scare ricers as I drive with the targa off in my 89..:D