I was just given a Supra...now what? Now with pics!

What should I do with the free Supra

• Drive it into the ground

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Restore it, keep it stock

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Motor swap!

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Part it out

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
Retorqued the head bolts this weekend. I'm pretty sure it was originally torqued to factory specs because I was able to get another 45-90 degrees out of each bolt.

I'm not sure what to think of the oil in the overflow, though. There was only a small amount floating on top of the coolant. It didn't appear that there was any oil in the radiator. I'm starting to think that it was left over from a prior BHG and the oil is going somewhere else

I'm driving it today, time will tell...

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
If it wasn't BHG before, it looks like it is now. After putting about 60 miles on it, it has coolant leaking onto the exhaust manifold and making a very convincing BHG cloud wherever I go. Back to the garage :3d_frown:

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I say part it out.. I could use that driver side quarter panel ; )

Use the funds to help your other project car. I'm looking for a second one mind you.. for the winter. (Keep a good one for summer, a not as good one for winter.. either way I dont drive much anymore)

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Poodles;1397946 said:
Part out = death of another CLEAN supra

Its all a question of time, $$$, and love.. lol.

I wonder how many 88 Supra's are alive in the world today. Maybe the MKIII's will someday actually get valued? I had to fight to get mine recognized as a collectible antique.. I did finally get it though via appriasal and some smooth talking to the insurance company.
(doubt it)