How long have you owned yours?

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Got the idea reading another thread and wondered...

How long have all of you owned the current Supra and how are you feeling about the car?
Do you plan to keep it as long as possible, unsure, or starting to want to throw it off a cliff?

I got mine when I was 16 after Dad purchased a mint 300ZX. This was 7 years ago and I am still in love with the car just as much as the first day I drove it. In fact more after all the hardwork restoring the car just shy from the ground up. I really plan to hold on to this car as long as possible. First car I have ever owned and was a major father/son project.

Saw a similar thread through searches and thought it'd be cool to see not only how long, but state of mind as well :)

slowpra na-t

Permanently Banned
Oct 16, 2008
murrieta ca
i've had mine for 2 years now... its a love hate relationship, i love it, it hates me. i'll fix a leak or some other minnor problem and then another one will pop up out of nowhere. i guess it comes with owning a 20+ year old car. i'll keep her forever!!!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
5 years this summer coming. I still like the car and have plans to continue modding it and possibly some racing in the near future. This is surprising for me because I tend to lose interest in things quickly. Not sure how much longer I will keep the car but probably at least a few more years.

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Very cool guys :)

I know several people that sold theirs and in less than a month regretted it. Never been able to explain to outsiders the reasoning behind the obsession/passion of the car. There's something about the essence the MKIII has that I have always loved.

Sep 11, 2007
terrace b.c.
it's been a year and a half and approximetly $5390.00 later. I have a complete engine rebuild this spring to start. I will be keeping my car forever, probably add a mk4 when i'm satisfied (lol) with this one.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
I bought a supra with BHG and a rodknock, sold it cause i didn't want to deal with the problems within 2 months of purchase. Regretted it and bought a Mint black 89, i've owned it for 8 months now and ill be it's last owner.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Bought mine oct 2000,only one of seven driver I have kept.I love that car even in it's na goodness.Been down for the past few years as a seemingly never ending ground up resto/mod.I will be the last owner of this car.

Warpath

Help me Jeebus!!
Oct 28, 2008
St.Louis
Owned mine for 3 months. It's an 87 turbo, with a BHG and now looks like a scud missle just hit it (engine). Hope to have everything put back together by spring. I've always liked the looks of the car, which people seem to forget this car even existed. But when one goes rolling by, they stop, look & remember.

-Jim

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
Bought July '07, will never sell. This is true of anything I buy, be it guns or cars. Once I have them, I get attached to them, and can't forsee parting with them.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
3ish years. I bought it in pretty good condition (well, excellent compared to most unrestored examples) as my 1st car for a pretty high price. As of now there are a TON of small things wrong with it, eventually I will get them fixed but like many others I am in a major pinch now financially-which is no ones fault but my own.

I don't plan to ever sell it, but at some point it will become a car that gets reserved for decent weather only.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I have only owned my current supra for 8 months but my old 89 supra I owned for 5 years. I had to get red of it because it was starting to rust out. (Maine weather is great :nono:) My new supra is in mint condition but I have allot of work to do to get it were it needs to be!!! Its going to be a long summer~ :sarcasm:

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Since 03'
Won't ever get rid of it, I have much work left to do before I am satisfied.
May give to my brother once done.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Bought mine in July of 2007. So had it for ~1.5 years.

I will be the last person to drive it.

I want to get one or more mint 90-92 turbo in addition, but my black ruby N/A will not be sold. Period.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Dad and I purchased mine in late June of '07 couldnt be happier ive had some minor issues with it but other than that i love the car to death, i love every driving it, and i cant see myself parting with the car ever.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Funny story back in '92 I wanted a supra but did not realize who made them. Went to a Nissan dealer, and asked about the supra's, needless to say the salesperson was not amused, and told me that they were made by toyota.

In the summer of '93 I found one, an '87 N/A with 96,000 miles. I bought it that day. 16 years later and with over 260,000 miles I still have it. :icon_bigg

Scooter