How long have you owned yours?

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Its great to see so many people so serious about their cars.

I bought mine March 12th, 2005, and like everyone else, I'll never sell it. Doesnt matter what happens to it, I'm not going to part with it.

Bought it as my first car at 15.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I got my 89T in April of 96 with just 50,500 miles on the odo. I drove that car every day until I got home from SILV05 with over 186,600 miles with no problems. This April it will be 13 full years - starting on my 14th.

The Supra has been parked since October of 2005 - hoping for bigger projects now that I have a daily driver (06 Solara SLE Convertible). I have new rims and some other goodies waiting to go on but likely won't make a decision until after the Solara is paid off.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Summer 2002....got it with 39k miles. I plan on keeping it for a looonnng time as I just rebuilt the engine last year to prep for higher boost. Im fanatic about modifying it and I dont think it will ever end. I love my supra...even though it spends most of its time sleeping in the garage...drive it less then 1,000mi/year

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
had my 87 supra for 2 years since i was 18, my 92teal ive had it since august08 and im going to be keeping it, ive put lots of sweat ,cuts, bruises, headaches and a empty wallet! so theres not point of selling :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Got mine in 2002, which makes around 7 years. It's going to the scrapper after I strip it...

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My first Supra went to the scrap yard after being stripped. The 2nd Supra I had only a few months and sold after taking off the Tein coilovers. My current Supra I've had since March 2007 and bought it as a shell. I've built it from the ground up and have plans to rebuild and upgrade the 1JZ that's in it, including a big single, as well as upgrading and restoring the rest of the car. Gotta keep it tastefully modified and not go full race like I planed to do with my 90. I am the 5th and final owner of my Supra.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
A little over 2 years. I'm selling it come summer. Its the second supra I've owned, but won't be the last. I want another hardtop 90+ if possible.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Bought my '91 T in the spring of 1992. Drove it stock until 2002 then started
playing with it a little. Car has 104,000 miles on it to date. Currently doing a complete upgrade rebuild.

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
mine was given to me by my aunt about two years ago with a blown motor. never paid much attention to the supras as i come from a domestic muscle car family but now that i have it and have chaged the head gasket twice and it's currently dead right now getting a GTE swap because the n/a motor spun a bearing. i will never get rid of her. i'm the third owner and my aunt bought it from the original owner and between the two of them the only shop the car has seen besides me is the dealer. makes me wish i had gotten in to supras alot sooner that the F-body a/holes i used to deal with. everyone on here is so helpful no matter what condition the car is in. no bashing each other like in "other" forums. all you guys are great and have helped me alot with my progress thus far.

sorry for rambling.....

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
89nasupra;1246467 said:
mine was given to me by my aunt about two years ago with a blown motor. never paid much attention to the supras as i come from a domestic muscle car family but now that i have it and have chaged the head gasket twice and it's currently dead right now getting a GTE swap because the n/a motor spun a bearing. i will never get rid of her. i'm the third owner and my aunt bought it from the original owner and between the two of them the only shop the car has seen besides me is the dealer. makes me wish i had gotten in to supras alot sooner that the F-body a/holes i used to deal with. everyone on here is so helpful no matter what condition the car is in. no bashing each other like in "other" forums. all you guys are great and have helped me alot with my progress thus far.

sorry for rambling.....

Nah, we still rip on each other a lot, but it tends to be because we've all been into these cars for a while.

Also, as long as cars come with two similar engines, fan boys for that car will pick sides :icon_razz

Ultimately, we're all on the same boat..and if you have one of these cars this long after they came out, then chances are the boat isnt going anywhere :biglaugh:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
had my 1st na in 06, loved it, it had a bit of rust so the body wasn't that great. Blew the engine 1000 due to rod knock. Had to have another one so 2 months later i bought a 89 Na. Now its turboed (lol). Not selling this one even for the right price. So its been 1.5 year so far. I want to get another mint or close to 91-92 supra and keep it too.