How long have you been modifying cars for?

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
Theoreticly, about 12 years.(Helping my dad, pushing the brakes to bleed them, handing him tools etc. I'm only 18.) I would not really concider that "Modding" though, so about two years. I can thank my Supras for that.

Last edited:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
since i was 16, so 3 years so far almost 4.

redid the exhaust on my tempo because it fell off.....

then i got my supra and so forth,
mostly i've done extensive work on friends cars, on their dime :)

i plan to continue because every car that has come off of the showroom floor has been engineered for more than what they display. And every car deserves to be unique.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Since July 05. So 1 year and 8 months. I'm a n00b. But I learn quick only because I jump into things and start tearing them down. Then putting them back together. I've done this several times with the interior and have done 2 engine removals and 1 dropped in with no help.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
I got my first car when I was 13. A 1968 VW bug for $150.00. It was like a big go cart.:) I learned to weld with a torch on that car.:3d_frown:
I had my first Hot Rod ready (well, primer anyway) when I got my license at 16 in New York.
1972 SS
nova4.tif

I traded that Nova for a New(demo) Celica, in 88'

Back when I was building hot rods, we didn't have the web to look stuff up. Monthly magazines were where I got all parts.
So, 20+ years.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
LOL - I remember writing out my order (yes on paper) to PAW, putting it in an envelope and sending a check with it. Waiting for weeks for my parts to show up.

You guys have no idea how good you have it with the Internet.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Since the early 90s...

The internet really helped out alot for parts. Before the early 2000s, I was stuck with JEGS and shit lol

Started out when i was 15, my dad gave me a 1982 trans am with no motor or tranny, and said heres a new gm crate motor, make it happen.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
heh my dad was never into cars that much, neither were all my all my friends and neither was my whole neighborhood. i started by myself, and not to long ago either. here i am trying to "fix" my car and make it faster and people are questioning me why..
then i started at uti here in PA and had an automotive overdose.