How high can you safely boost a mostly stock 7mgte? New to forums!.

znick742

Jul 29, 2011
Tehachapi, ca
I'm at 11-12psi on my 89 supra with just arp studs torqued to 75lbs and I have no problems ct26 handles it and so does the car, also I've seen this car on Craigslist not too long ago sounds like you got a pretty good deal

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
just make sure to keep an eye on your temp gauge just in case something go wrong i been doing 21psi on mine for a while now and let me tell u its fun hahah im still a stock 7m just more fuel and other stuff but 12 psi is a nice pull and yes im still on stock ct26

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
ma70t;1789285 said:
"i been doing 21psi on mine for a while now" "yes i'm still on stock ct26"

Why?....... Stock turbo only creates excess heat after 15psi and it's at its limit. I'm in no way shape or form telling you what to do just trying to warn you and save you from feature pain and sadness.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Onemanwolfpack85;1788017 said:
Oh god what's orions belt I dare ask? >.< lol ?

When I was new I wondered the same thing.............Orion's Belt??? Who the hell is that, and do want to ask!!!

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
ma70t;1789285 said:
just make sure to keep an eye on your temp gauge just in case something go wrong i been doing 21psi on mine for a while now and let me tell u its fun hahah im still a stock 7m just more fuel and other stuff but 12 psi is a nice pull and yes im still on stock ct26

Tick tock tick tock.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
^^ ma70t is really running his stock ct26 at 21psi. He's my cousin and I've work/driven/ride in the car and no he doesn't blow hot air after 21 psi. Also it is running very efficient too. Its all about how cold the air turned by the time it gets to the intake manifold.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
akito;1789580 said:
^^ ma70t is really running his stock ct26 at 21psi. He's my cousin and I've work/driven/ride in the car and no he doesn't blow hot air after 21 psi. Also it is running very efficient too. Its all about how cold the air turned by the time it gets to the intake manifold.

Hmmm. How much h.p does this make ? PossiBly has the record for stock ct-26 ......

Noefearsupra

Oct 12, 2011
Ohio
+1 on the ARP bolts to 90ft lbs. thats what I've used for my motor (could have been maybe 88-90, but still) and it works/runs great!

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
akito;1789580 said:

MA70T might be your cousin but the STOCK ct26 is probably screaming its little ass off at 21 PSI. Even icing the charge pipes and running an air to water intercooler probably couldn't chill the air coming out of it. Another question, how is he running 21 PSI on the stock ct? Did you weld the wastegate port closed?

Onemanwolfpack85

Dec 24, 2011
So Cal , Ca
Hey forum finally an update! I have finally added my HKS bov back and boost controller and have been dailying 11psi and it's pulling really good with no problems! My new fav car :) hehe.. I was actually lookin at fuel system upgrades and was saw the v8 Lexus maf mod with 550cc injectors. Would I be able to use the oem mk4 TT supra injectors? I was also lookin to get a walbro fuel pump or could the mk4TT fuel pump work as well? And for tuning the whole thing would I NEED a full standalone? Any help would be appreciated once again :) :) !!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Would I be able to use the oem mk4 TT supra injectors?

No, they are side feed and the 7M rail is top feed. I can make a custom rail to use side feed injectors but it is a waste of time. Get a set of top feed 550CC injectors.

I was also lookin to get a walbro fuel pump or could the mk4TT fuel pump work as well?

Walbros are good but I am not a fan of them, the Denso MK4 TT pump is a better OEM pump. It just cost a little more.

And for tuning the whole thing would I NEED a full standalone?

What are you power goals? You can try a piggyback if you are not really trying for big power but standalone is the best solution. Post your power level goal and we will let you know whats best. If you want 400-500, MAFT Pro is okay BUT look at 87SupraTurbo's build thread. He just had his car tuned on an AEM V1 and made 400HP and the car pulls great.

Onemanwolfpack85

Dec 24, 2011
So Cal , Ca
Looking for about 300rwhp range. Just a bit more umph know what I mean?;) an as for the boost I'm runnin at 12psi now I have a feeling it's kinda pushin it because I spike to 14-15psi from time to time and I get fuel cut >.< would Lexus v8 maf and 550s eliminate this?

Last edited:
Onemanwolfpack85;1801489 said:
Looking for about 300hp range. Just a bit more umph know what I mean?;) an as for the boost I'm runnin at 12psi now I have a feeling it's kinda pushin it because I spike to 14-15psi from time to time and I get fuel cut >.< would Lexus v8 maf and 550s eliminate this?

Yes.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Onemanwolfpack85

Dec 24, 2011
So Cal , Ca
Ah I see..says the blind man..jk things are makin good sense now. @ JStoked thanks for the welcome! And lol @ Nick M interesting I was seriously wondering haha. And 21 psi on stock ct26 holyy.. Im scared even goin 15psi once I get my injectors in lol. Any car have 550cc top feed injectors for direct fitment or would I have to go aftermarket? Ah all this is my new addiction >.< haha.. Once they're in and a walbro or mk4tt fuel pump as well I will most definitely be lookin for a turbo upgrade I've heard of the same turbo upgraded to 57 trim?

Onemanwolfpack85;1801549 said:
Ah I see..says the blind man..jk things are makin good sense now. @ JStoked thanks for the welcome! And lol @ Nick M interesting I was seriously wondering haha. And 21 psi on stock ct26 holyy.. Im scared even goin 15psi once I get my injectors in lol. Any car have 550cc top feed injectors for direct fitment or would I have to go aftermarket? Ah all this is my new addiction >.< haha.. Once they're in and a walbro or mk4tt fuel pump as well I will most definitely be lookin for a turbo upgrade I've heard of the same turbo upgraded to 57 trim?

No point in running a a stock CT-26 over 15 PSI as that is it's max efficient boost level.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Looks like about 2-4 of you guys need to send me your turbos so I can upgrade them. ^_^