headlight conversion

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
hmm i'm not really into the whole headlight mod, but i'm bored so i picked a random pick (not my car) and designed some custom headlights.

Last edited:

noxide

Jul 8, 2005
conroe
www.noxide.com
Here is what i was going for but i dont really have the time to do it because of school. So maybe some other day, or if i get bored.

Last edited:

noxide

Jul 8, 2005
conroe
www.noxide.com
The problem is that there is only 8 inches from the nose to the core support, so the lights are to far forward and look akward. im thinking og cutting out that section of the core support and mounting the lights further back and making a top brace out of flat bar to keep the strength.

noxide

Jul 8, 2005
conroe
www.noxide.com
You know what, Im going to pic a part tomorrow and going to see if a 240sx headlight is anywhere near the same size. if so ill just buy ones made for those and modify them. Same with the fenders, ive always wanted to know if i could swap wide body fenders with just a few mods.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Remember to consider the rise/run problem. The MkIII lines do not provide enough rise to get sufficient light onto the pavement with a fixed headlight (if the headlight is mounted where the stock lights are). A better option would be to relocate the lights to the nose (where the turn signal is).

I personally LOVE the pop-ups. By day you see no lights (making a very clean look). By night the lights appear as if by magic to light the way.

Fixed headlights can be done on the MkIII. Just be sure to do it right and keep lighting the road ahead. I've heard too many horror stories about people mucking about with their lighting and then slamming into that hazzard on the road that they could have seen with even stock lighting.

noxide

Jul 8, 2005
conroe
www.noxide.com
I was thinking about putting the lights where the corners are but to small of an area to do anything that looks good. You right about the rise/run prob, thats the problem im having untill now. The lights off of a 240sx will work with very little modification, the outer edge of the lights are an inch shorter than they should so with little fiberglass work they will fit up with little mods to our cars. Also the wide body fenders will work with a little shortening on the rear fenders. Side skirts are 2 inches to short, but thats an easy fix with more options.