headlight conversion

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
does anyone know of a flush mount headlight kit? if so where and does anyone have pics might be a repost but couldnt find it any where

N

NDBoost

nsx HID lights, goodluck getting a set for a good deal.. expect $800-$1k :)

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
NSX lights will take LOTS and LOTS of custom work. If you guys have access to SF, search there, there was s thread of somone who bought NSX lights and it goes in too deep. YOu will have to do a lot of work. Best to just buy any other lights and custom mount it yourself. It will cost a lot less and be easier to mount..... Just my .03 cents........ :bigthumb:

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Make some, write a long thread about it, and next time somebody wants to know about it your name will be all they hear. It'll kinda make you like a mini jesus or something.
eric

N

NDBoost

Just do something similiar to SupraNicholai and use 90mm projector lights from www.rallylights.com

here are the 90mm projector lights:
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

there is a high and a low beam that you have to buy seperately, you will need two of each of course. before shipping for all housings, bulbs, assemblies and adjusters its $451. Thats not including the custom fab' work to mount them and wire them up to the MK3 wiring.

For true projector H9 lighting (non HID) expect $500-$600 at least. Shit i spent $100 just for standard H4 lighting and its not even projector. I still have that cut off but its not as definite and exact like projector would be.

i have an extra set of the H4 Hella Xenon 100% 200mm Euro housings & bulbs for sale $70 + shipping, PM me if any of you are interested :)

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Here you go some will like some wont. Not flush but I used the metal backing foir air deflection into my intake which was in bumper.

Attachments

• DSCN1350.JPG
    DSCN1350.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN1354.JPG
    DSCN1354.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN1355.JPG
    DSCN1355.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN1358.JPG
    DSCN1358.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN1420.JPG
    DSCN1420.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 183

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
SidewayzSupra said:
Here you go some will like some wont. Not flush but I used the metal backing foir air deflection into my intake which was in bumper.
Cost: around $50-60 lights are controlled by remote.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
SidewayzSupra - Please let me know any time you are coming to Portland so I can avoid driving at night.

My post on the other headlight thread:

PLEASE DO NOT GET CRITICAL PARTS JUST BECUSE THEY LOOK SLIGHTLY COOLER!

Would you buy a set of cardboard brake pads if they looked really kick @$$???

Unless you are never going to drive at night please make 100000000% sure that whatever you change your lighting to performs at least as well as stock. We don't need to be on the road endangering ourselves and others because we bought some light that looked cool but did not perform as well as stock.

I LOVE my Hella H4 upgrade with PIAA bulbs. The lighting is an actual improvement over stock.

I am also in development (and have been for a long time so shut it) on a headlight project for my 89 that should blow the doors off even the Hella/PIAA combination.

There is an old saying... "You get what you pay for." Don't cut corners on your safety equipment - even if you don't care about your own safety please think about this for the sake of the rest of us that may meet you on some dark and rainy road.

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
OK?? my lights are actualy brighter then stock by far and they take less wind drag while feeding my intake. If you didn't notice there are two sets low/high. To everyone his own. Besides that car is gone.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
thats different! im thinking of making the first set out of cf a friend of mine does cf work and if i can make even a crappy type mold he can help me straighten it out to be relly nice maybe even venting the air towards the intake but i want them to look kinda like the 3rd gen 300z headlights im still getting the rough ideas right now but i will do this one way or another! thanks for the insight tho.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I have to disagree with your assessment. They may be brighter than stock but there is no way you have the beam pattern of a low and a high. I would guess that you used a fog and a driving light in combination. These are both auxiliary lights meant to enhance the factory lighting.

Trust me on this one. I am all over the wanting a lower profile light but am unwilling to make sacrifices. I have the Hella 90mm lights that I've been working on for a few years now.

And... the car is gone? WHA??? I liked that car - except the headlights. That hood was nicely done.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
SidewayzSupra said:
OK?? my lights are actualy brighter then stock by far and they take less wind drag while feeding my intake. If you didn't notice there are two sets low/high. To everyone his own. Besides that car is gone.

dude i usually never get into this "headlight" threads but this time is an exception.

Brighter than stock?

How is a 20w bulb that are found in most FOG LAMPS (that is what you have there) be brighter than the stock 35wL/55wH that are our normal sealed beam headlights? Hell those fogs even have a filter on top of that reducing output even more. I doubt that the lumens produced by those fog lights are anywhere close to safe.

N

NDBoost

figgie said:
dude i usually never get into this "headlight" threads but this time is an exception.

Brighter than stock?

How is a 20w bulb that are found in most FOG LAMPS (that is what you have there) be brighter than the stock 35wL/55wH that are our normal sealed beam headlights? Hell those fogs even have a filter on top of that reducing output even more. I doubt that the lumens produced by those fog lights are anywhere close to safe.
agreed someone here in az has them on his supra, they have horrible light displacement it just throws it all like 2ft infront of the car.

Spend the $400-$500 and get the 90mm H9 Projector lights :)