Group A's group a rebuild

bryank

Feb 28, 2006
Bournemouth, UK
IJ. said:
Thanks Bryan!

Would love to get my hands on one so I could see just how it works ;)

lol will see if anyone has a diff kicking about with the cooler :)

As far as i know it's just like a little heat exchanger, with one end in the oil and the other out in atmosphere.. sure someone called it a cooling tower at one point.. Assuming the diff cases are the same worldwide and have a blanking plate where the cooler would be, i'd guess it'd be just a bolt in item?

Cheers,

Bryan

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Bryan: Nope our cases don't have a plate at all so I guess it's Case specific!

I had guessed it was some sort of heat pipe arrangement :)
(wonder if it makes a difference I've cooked the pinion bearings in 2 diffs running at high speeds now)

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
lmao ian

today

ordered oil system parts as i need to ensure they fit before i weld up the manifold and realise there is no room for a filter remote cause at that i would be pissed

so today i have ordered a burns muffler 4"
http://www.burnsstainless.com/UltraliteMuffler/ultralitemuffler.html

and some canton parts oil rmote adaptor for the block and billet black filter mount + thermostat unit
http://www.cantonracing.com/oil_cooler_thermostats/oil_cooler_thermostats.html

http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/adapters/remote_filter.html

more to be ordered tommorrow andd got my welder back from the welder hospital today cost $230

total cost today so far $1500 approx doh

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
ok today fitted the second solidengine mounting at last compete with 16mm bolt if these brake well i have real problems

also in the last couple of days ordered a length bein 5 metres of 5" alloy tube for the airfilter

10 90 degree elbows for the manifold

and some 4" v bands for the exhaust all be here by tuesday

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Hmm, your oil thermo is set to 215...
Isn't that a bit warm, I've always figgured 180 was the "magic" temp for fluids...

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
IHI-RHC7 said:
Hmm, your oil thermo is set to 215...
Isn't that a bit warm, I've always figgured 180 was the "magic" temp for fluids...

180 bit low for oil in my eyes 215 is 100c dead and well for oil 90-100c i always thought was a good operating temp 110+ well getting a bit warm chances are it wont get that warm all the time

reason

different car i know but my mother has a volvo 440 turbo now that runs about 80-90c oil temp on general runs but sit it at120mph for a while oil temp runs 99-101c all the time and thats a standard er well slightly modded car

chance are jake it will only get to the cooler when it is havin a caining and once going round it proabaly wont get any hotter but it is somethin i will monitor when up and running and if i feel a threat i will make changes accordingly

but i do appreciate your concern best pal :icon_bigg

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
new stuff today wwhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

p236990_1.jpg

p236990_2.jpg

p236990_3.jpg

burns stainless 4" muffler:)

p236990_4.jpg

p236990_5.jpg

canton racing oil filter relocator

p236990_6.jpg

p236990_7.jpg

p236990_8.jpg

canton racing thermostat and oil filter housing with trd oil filter i like these :)

p236990_9.jpg

and new 304 stainless flanges instead of mild steel ;)

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Nice!!! Good stuff man, good to see you're doing some progress again. Couple of questions on your new gear; did you buy your TRD oil filter locally in the U.K. and how much was that?

Also how come you went for the Canton oil thermostat and not for a good ol' britt mocal unit that is like 3 times cheapper? Any particular reason? I now there must be something...:naughty: