Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Jeff Lange;1416486 said:
GT1 and 2 were for PS1
GT3 and 4 were for PS2
GT5 is for PS3

Not much improved between 3 and 4 as far as physics, but there were small improvements. 3 and 4 were FAR ahead of 1 and 2 though.

I wouldn't say that 4 was not much of an improvement from 3 though. Do you know how much was added to 4 from 3?

GT3: 150 cars, 34 tracks, A-spec only
GT4: 700 cars, 51 tracks, A-spec & B-spec

That's a pretty big improvement IMO, not to mention the slight graphics improvement and slight physics improvement.

In any case, GT4 was in no way disappointing.

Jeff

Doh, you're right. But I didn't notice any difference in physics between 3 and 4 (and really, not a huge difference in physics between 1/2 and 3). 4's graphics were better (they were like the 2 special stage tracks on GT3), but the game as a whole felt slightly more arcade-like.

On the whole, it just seemed like they focused on getting more cars and more tracks out and didn't pay as much attention to the little details as they had before. For instance, on GT3 when you went to get golds on all of the driving tests -- they were all about the same level of difficulty. On GT4, getting a gold on one test is way too easy (you can beat the time by .5sec or more) while the very next test is super hard.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
ma71supraturbo;1417348 said:
On GT4, getting a gold on one test is way too easy (you can beat the time by .5sec or more) while the very next test is super hard.

Could that have anything to do with your driving style and what you're good at? TBH I don't understand what you guys are talking about when you said there was little or no difference between GT3s and 4s physics. I played GT3 right up until the week before GT4 came out, and it took me a good hour before I could get used to driving in 4. When I first played it I wasn't sure I would like it because of the difference. And one thing specifically is that body roll is far more extreme in 4 than in 3.