p1644701_2.jpg

p1644701_3.jpg

p1644701_4.jpg

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
LOL:

[video=youtube;ox70Ho9_jX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox70Ho9_jX4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
when damage is fully on they get out of your way so i have herd hahaha not sure if thsi is ture because if they don't your car would be messed really quick

on secound note the turbo a does sound like a 7m but....... it sound like uncorked 7mge it just dawned on me last night

because when you jump into your car sound just like 7mgte at start up because 7mge and 7mgte sound the same at that point

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
I was also surprised that it did sound similar to my car on start up. On throttle sounds different...but I just told myself (to make me feel better) that it's probably cause its got upgraded intake/exhaust manifolds and a different exhaust than mine ;)

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
NashMan;1644811 said:
on secound note the turbo a does sound like a 7m but....... it sound like uncorked 7mge it just dawned on me last night

because when you jump into your car sound just like 7mgte at start up because 7mge and 7mgte sound the same at that point

Agreed...it has too much rasp to be a GTE. However at startup it sounds VERY similar, down to the valves clicking and all.

CivicKiller

Nov 30, 2010
Greensburg PA
Im a die hard Forza & xbox360 fan and have like 180+ hours on the game (i know, no life) But im going to try and get a PS3 somewhere cheap so i can pick up GT5

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
It almost sounds like in gt when they are getting engine sounds, they are putting too many mics in the engine bay and not enough near the exhaust pipe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
I've got online several times and have yet to see another MKIII. Most of the time when I'm on, none of you guys here are on lol.

We should do a MKIII track meet fellas, I love the fact we're able to snap photos of online play so we should take pictures!

Well I'm about to get on GT5 now. :)

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I want a Logitech G27 wheel/pedal set now so bad...yet they are sold out EVERYWHERE, including online stores.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
I want one two, so I can make an arcade seat. i have an old integra seat still on rails, and I wanna make some sort of cage that will hold the seat, pedals, and steering wheel. Kinda like what you would see in an arcade

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I love all the cheerleading around this and forza.

I own a PS3 so I bought GT5, I am not a die hard GT fan and haven't played GT since the first game which I thought was awesome back then. I had forza 1 on the xbox and loved that when I was playing it. GT certainly has it's flaws but I still really enjoy the game and being able to get an MK3 as my second car was awesome. I drove around many tracks in cock pit view even though I typically hate using that view. It was amazing to see the tiny details inside that car. It's one thing being in some exotic lambo that I've never sat in before and seeing the gauges just having to trust they are accurate to the real car. Seeing the supra interior matching so exactly made me enjoy driving it and want to go drive my real supra all the more.

The go karts are a total blast, nascar was fun enough and the other specials challenges like the VW bus race were so difficult I wanted to throw the controller but was fun enough to keep me playing it.

I think most people whining the game sucks or is too easy are the people playing with full handicaps on and spec'd out cars. I didn't even know at first that the ABS and traction control were all on by default and that they take away from your top speed. I wish they would have explained that to me before I spent money upgrading cars. I was racing the exact same car as mine and they would pull away from me on the straight away. I turned off all the handicaps and suddenly I was able to draft and pass them on the straights.

I haven't had a problem with the AI so far, I guess I tend not to park backwards on tracks... In the VW bus race I remember going 2 wide into a turn and the bus next to me slowing down and getting behind me to avoid contact with my bus and the cones(touch the cones you disqualify). So they certainly seemed to be "aware" of me enough to avoid contact in that situation. Going down a straight away they get behind and draft and make a sudden pass around you, they don't just start ramming the back of your car.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah I haven't seen as much zombie action from the ai as before, but still some. And I can safely say that I like both gt and forza, I mean, why not?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
87mk111;1646054 said:
I want one two, so I can make an arcade seat. i have an old integra seat still on rails, and I wanna make some sort of cage that will hold the seat, pedals, and steering wheel. Kinda like what you would see in an arcade

Same here. They sell pre-built frames with a seat that you can mount the wheel and pedals on, but they are all at least $100+. Figured I could make my own out of 2x4s or welding a steel frame. Plus I think it'd be cool to have the shifter at seat-level rather than right by the wheel to be more realistic.

All this talk has made me look at some PC sims too. I love how much better this (MKIV) supra sounds in rFactor than it does in GT5 :drool:

[video=youtube;qfYRh4nJMEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfYRh4nJMEo[/video]

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
My G27 is still sitting in a box on the floor of my room. Was gonna let the parents or GF buy it, since I knew they'd be bugging me for Christmas gifts, but then noticed it was selling out and jumped on it. Amazon sells them for ~$260 shipped if you catch them when they have a few. ;)

Now I'm just waiting on the seat frame that the parents did get me for Christmas, gonna be building one out of a nice comfy armless recliner and some 2x6's (maybe I'll put up the pictures/plans if it turns out alright) to hold me over for the time being. Then it's going to the GF's house for her...

Oh, and according to the SM news bot, GT5 got a damage update last night. I'll probably hop on after work to see what that's all about.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i do have an issue wiht the game it peoepl talking about the cars liek it there own ect remind me whe i had ot talk to punk kids wiht hondas or what ever at the shop

sigh