maken a grip/drift turbo a supra

going to own a enraged tonight muahahah

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IrishRon;1642717 said:
Yeah, that's crazy... I mean, no power lumbar support... no power side bolsters... no power seat angle adjustments... no power reclining backrest...

OK, so I have the front seats from my old SHO, and I built some gaming seats out of them. Two 6V lantern batteries provide power for each seat, Sony 6x9 explode mounted underneath the seats, 1/4 horse motors with unbalanced weights provide the "rumble" feature. sick, sick, sick.
You know, I have access to a spare Mk3 shell, and I offered to have a friend of mine make me a Mk3 cockpit. Would have been basically everything from the passenger side of the console over, console, half the dash, Mk3 power seat, all the interior, etc... He liked the idea, but neither of us really has time to fabricate it, not to mention my room is small enough as is. If I had a house I probably would have done it. Maybe someday. Got pics of your setup Ron?

NashMan;1643350 said:
wow i impressed and not impressed at the same time
over all i think the game was just not finshed and was rushed out the door
I hear that man. Has ANYONE else noticed how many grammatical errors there are? Not to mention all the mistakes with power figures, year dates, etc... Go ahead, read the information page on the Turbo A from the dealer. If you know your Toyota history, you're gonna be scratching your head trying to figure out where all this came from...

For a game that's been in development for this long, I really fail to see how it could end up feeling this rushed. That said, the game's a blast, as always, and there is plenty to love about it, just kinda irks the part of me that spent 12 years in school learning the English language, you know?

NashMan;1643395 said:
need to make supra manai raceing team

SM racing team on GT5? Kinda like a COD clan? Count me in!

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Let's get a SupraMania 16 Supra race going!!

IrishRon - If you can edit your first post and add a list of PSN usernames in this thread that would help towards setting this up and make it easier for everyone to add each other.

My PSN is gtkof

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well that was fun

my drive supra is just about done need just tad bit more tweking but it pretty solid right now and best i can do wiht just the joy stick

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
PSN - SupraManian.

My Supra's almost at it's full potential. Bought the game the first day it came out and played it fourteen and a half hours straight. No lie peeps.

Any of you guys get the CF hood?

In case you guys didn't know, you can add your own playlist now!!!

I'm going to add everyone that posted their PSN. Race ya soon!

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
As one game review put it, "this is a 10/10 racing simulator wrapped in a 5/10 game", which from what I've read sounds to be very accurate. As someone pointed already pointed out, the "track maker" feature is a big disappointment and it sounds like there are a ton of things outside of the actual racing that could have been done much better. It's really too bad that they spent 5+ years making the game without improving anything outside of the actual racing itself. I'll be buying the game eventually, but more than likely a used copy.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
yup pretty much ign hit it on the nose

i herd rumers there going to be addeding to the game on updates

like the pait option thing that load of hores shit too have to own a car with the same clour to use and you cna only use it once WTF?

funny pat is i cna see gt 6 coming out at the end of ps3 and it be ironed some more

froza just have to the get shim right it still off and fell liek you on ice all the time and twitchy ness

i have yet tpo try f 3 on wheel thosu gt4 was awsome on the wheel gt5 i can nto even image what it will be like

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
My psn id is miatadriverchris Its my freind chris's old account, i didnt feel like making a new one when I bought his old ps3. I Definately want to pick this up. Anyne try the 1jz mk3 yet?

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
87mk111;1643790 said:
Anyne try the 1jz mk3 yet?

Yeah, I just finished setting mine up. Sucks that it's only a Standard car even though PD could've used the same 3d wireframe as the turbo-A. Also you can't change wheels on a Standard car, but at least we're not stuck with sawblades :evil2:

The latest update added more features to the online rooms. You can now set restrictions as to how much HP or weight is allowed. No more random players picking the default supercars when you're trying to get a garage tuned Supra race going.

I set up a room with the following restrictions:

- 1200 kg or more
- 450 hp or less
- 2 lap races

"450HP Invitational"

Perfect for pig mk3s or mk4s :icon_razz

I'll add anyone that posted tonight tomorrow.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I just picked up mine today (had to wait to get paid). Its pretty good so far, I managed to wrangle my money around enough to get a used NSX (in shallot green lol) as my first car for aspec races. It ended up being a little bit of overkill for the Sunday cup.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I agree with everyone here the game is a blast to play since I am a big fan of racing simulators. Here are some things that really irk me about the game though:

• Engine sounds. While good and still a bit better than previous GT games they still sound very generic. I'm happy to see the sound changes with upgrades, but the sounds still do not pull me into the game like I think they should.
  • Menu structure/usability. This could have been improved, especially since PD gets a lot of credit for their "good" menu structures (i.e. they created the interface for the GT-R). For example, once I have a few cars and want to race with one, I have to select it as my current car and THEN go race. When you're trying to build credits and levels this just takes a lot of time.
  • As stated above, the brakes can't be upgraded except for the F/R distribution.
  • The head tracking (used w/ the Playstation eye) ONLY works in time trial mode. Seriously...WHY? This again seems like another last minute "feature" put in just to sell the game to a greater population. It's pretty cool when you're using it, but why would I need to check my mirrors when I'm the only one on the track?

Overall I think Cz quoted it best: "this is a 10/10 racing simulator wrapped in a 5/10 game". I still think it is by far worth my $60, but they should have been able to do MUCH more than great graphics and great physics in 5 years. That said, I'd still recommend the game and it's extremely fun to play since I enjoy the thrill of a good race with ALL of the nanny aids off (except maybe ABS in some cases ;) ).

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
If there was one thing I would have to applaud them for, its making a decent amount of smoke come out of tires when they're spinning or you're on a dirt track.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
SupraMario;1643958 said:
Forza 4 will be out before this game has enough patches to be worth a fuck.

forza will be shitty sim like all fo them so far they have yet to improve on this and i hope they do

but they win with playing wiht wheels kits and stuff like that

other then it's like i am playing a touchy arcade game

but that is mean even wiht eh whele it not really good eather

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
NashMan;1644204 said:
forza will be shitty sim like all fo them so far they have yet to improve on this and i hope they do

but they win with playing wiht wheels kits and stuff like that

other then it's like i am playing a touchy arcade game

but that is mean even wiht eh whele it not really good eather

Your really saying forza 3 has less feel realism wise when it comes to the cars than GT 5? Have you played Forza 3? The cars in GT 5 just feel sloppy and most of them all feel the same.