Gran Turismo 5, anyone?

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
SupraMario;1644264 said:
Your really saying forza 3 has less feel realism wise when it comes to the cars than GT 5? Have you played Forza 3? The cars in GT 5 just feel sloppy and most of them all feel the same.

lol.

Someone comparing driving feel of forza and gt and saying forza is better.
Forza has come a long way don't get me wrong, i love that series too.
but gt5 driving wise is just better.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Mr.PFloyd;1644272 said:
lol.

Someone comparing driving feel of forza and gt and saying forza is better.
Forza has come a long way don't get me wrong, i love that series too.
but gt5 driving wise is just better.

With Forza 3 and all of the handicaps turned off, it feels way better than GT 5. Maybe it is just me but GT 5 feels like the cars are just sloppy or completely stuck to the ground.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
SupraMario;1644264 said:
Your really saying forza 3 has less feel realism wise when it comes to the cars than GT 5? Have you played Forza 3? The cars in GT 5 just feel sloppy and most of them all feel the same.

yup i have played both froza with and with out the wheel

gt 4 with wheel and with out

gt5 with just the game pad

i still stand on what i say and i don't play with any add ons

tweeking the setting again in gt is better the f3 as well

other then that the game has alot of fustartion to it

funny part about this hole thing is the stuiped intro of a fucken prius hybread getting built in the factory show me a real car being built not a econiomy car

last but not least i can see gt6 comeing out in about 2 years and polisded up cars and lay out

tury the best gt so far that just franlky could never put down was gt3 a spec

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I think it might just be you, I'm a big fan of both series and I've not noticed a "stuck to the ground" feeling in gt5. In fact in gt5 I've noticed that I need to use a lot more delicate button control to control a high powered rwd car than I have in the past.

Also be aware that in gt5, you need to turn the traction control off for each new car you use as a default.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

IrishRon

Nov 16, 2010
NW Georgia
The one thing I hate about the online play.... the other people. All they want to use are RACE cars. All wings set to max downforce. While this is fun sometimes, any monkey can run around the track with purpose built race cars. Plus, they can't drive... just play bumper cars. To me, the game is more fun using stock body cars, with upgrades, no aero or race mods.

Check out my GT Life, have some pics of where to get some hidden trophies, and try out my country drive.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
[video=youtube;JAGOn-Ye5DI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGOn-Ye5DI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

What happened to all the damage physics in GT5?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
As I stated in a previous post the damage modeling is a joke. But in it's very undeserving defense, what most people don't know is that basic damage modeling isn't activated until level 20, and full damage(including mechanical) by level 40. So when I get there, no more bumper cars to win.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Dirgle;1644439 said:
As I stated in a previous post the damage modeling is a joke. But in it's very undeserving defense, what most people don't know is that basic damage modeling isn't activated until level 20, and full damage(including mechanical) by level 40. So when I get there, no more bumper cars to win.

That seems pretty stupid...lock out the realism gamers and make them play through a ton of BS bumper cars crap for 40 levels...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
SupraMario;1644392 said:
[video=youtube;JAGOn-Ye5DI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGOn-Ye5DI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

What happened to all the damage physics in GT5?

funny part is i can see that happen in realy life look at the shape of cars and speed

sure it wonte drive again or land on the wheel but not to shabby dukes of hazored any one

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
So...the Supra Turbo A 3.0 GT maxes out at the top end of 500 crank hp...

Too bad the fully built motor and the mods in GT5 can't push the car to keep up with NashMans', TekDeus' (sorry spelling), and others who are putting down 550+rwhp on stock blocks....I love the game, just wish they would give the mk3's 7m's a little more credit than they did ;)

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Well how much does the mk4 put out max in gt5? 800 maybe? I don't know of a racing sim yet that let's people get the best hp out of cars.

And supramario, I agree, that was a big mistake and I can't see a benefit in locking out that feature for so long (or even at all...). And I believe they've made quite a few mistakes, but I've seen games turn around through updates before, so I'm going to give them a bit before I condemn them for it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
For those that have the game, I heard that the there is a premium model of the mk3 (the Turbo-A model) but no premium model of the mk4?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Kangae;1643859 said:
...a used NSX (in shallot green lol) as my first car for aspec races. It ended up being a little bit of overkill for the Sunday cup.
Try getting all golds on your B-license, you get a Tommy Kaira ZZ-S. Do about 5k worth of upgrades (cheap stuff) and the thing ends up as a 1300-ish lb ~235hp monster. Lotta fun to drive though, gets you through a LOT of early races.

SupraMario;1643958 said:
Forza 4 will be out before this game has enough patches to be worth a fuck.
Will your Xbox still be running then though? I enjoyed the Forza games, but it took M$ 5 fucking YEARS to fix their console, I just refuse to support them anymore. And yet I type this on a Windows OS'd system, how ironic haha...

NashMan;1644282 said:
tury the best gt so far that just franlky could never put down was gt3 a spec
What was it about GT3 that was so addicting? I for whatever reason didn't like GT4 NEARLY as much as I did GT3. Hell, by the time I had my license, I had already racked up over 10k miles on GT3...

SupraOfDoom;1644353 said:
Loving GT5 :). I didn't like Forza that much, but I do think they do modding right.
This is correct. That is one aspect that I absolutely LOVED about Forza, they nailed the 'fun to screw around with various cars' bit quite well. I wish PD would pay a bit of attention to the real world hot rodding scene, we're not all using "standard" parts in our real cars, so why are we stuck doing so in GT? Makes me a bit sad. What doesn't make me sad is that I didn't have to return my copy of GT5 because it was in Spanish... that happened with Forza 2. How the hell they slipped that in with all the normal copies, I have no idea...

Cz.;1644575 said:
For those that have the game, I heard that the there is a premium model of the mk3 (the Turbo-A model) but no premium model of the mk4?
This is also correct. For whatever reason, they decided to only do a premium model of the Mk3 Turbo A. Hell, only Mk4 I've come across is the SZ-R.

Other notables:
-No licenses REQUIRED to race certain events?
-err... that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Kinda tired. Anyone else losing a bit of sleep lately? :biglaugh:

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Too be honest, I'm enjoying the game for what it is. Granted I don't think it was developed SOLELY for the "car-guy" or "gear-head" in mind, but I do think some aspects attempt it fairly well. I do wish we could do brake upgrades and such, and I do know the 7M doesn't sound like one; However, a lot of people complain in COD that the grenades don't sound realistic enough... thing is, how many of us KNOW what a grenade blowing up sounds like? I don't. I wasn't in any branch of service.

Things do need improving yes. But graphics, car choices, track choices, Karting... I'm liking all of it. Some cars to me do handle squirrely, some handle like they've been glued to the ground. Some over-steer, some under-steer.. not quite to the point of real life, but in my opinion it is close enough for a game.

They could have done better... an d hopefully patches will improve a lot. But I have played faaaaaarrrrrrr worse.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
te72;1644586 said:
Will your Xbox still be running then though? I enjoyed the Forza games, but it took M$ 5 fucking YEARS to fix their console, I just refuse to support them anymore. And yet I type this on a Windows OS'd system, how ironic haha...

As much as I hate Microshit for that, they did and still replace all systems with RRoD from their faults.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
SupraMario;1644621 said:
As much as I hate Microshit for that, they did and still replace all systems with RRoD from their faults.

NOT true. Atleast not with my friends' Xbox; from Microshit it was pretty much "outta warranty-outta luck". Needless to say, i did the spacer remedy for my friend [adding washers to the xbrace] and it fixed it for about $25 and like 30 min of messing with it.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
steven89;1644625 said:
NOT true. Atleast not with my friends' Xbox; from Microshit it was pretty much "outta warranty-outta luck". Needless to say, i did the spacer remedy for my friend [adding washers to the xbrace] and it fixed it for about $25 and like 30 min of messing with it.

Really? I didn't have my receipt and mine was out of warranty, plus it was one of the very first 360s. I went on their site entered my serial and they shipped me a box and two weeks later I got a band new system. It was the E74 error. Your friend should have called them almost all of the 360s that get the RRoD Microsoft will warranty, as per the class action lawsuit, they upped the warranty on all the systems for another 3 years.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
SupraMario;1644632 said:
Really? I didn't have my receipt and mine was out of warranty, plus it was one of the very first 360s. I went on their site entered my serial and they shipped me a box and two weeks later I got a band new system. It was the E74 error. Your friend should have called them almost all of the 360s that get the RRoD Microsoft will warranty, as per the class action lawsuit, they upped the warranty on all the systems for another 3 years.

Yea that must've been right when that lawsuit was happening, he got screwed everytime he tried to get them to cover it. Dont remember the exact error code but it was deff RRoD.
But still, I don't have a problem with microshit or xbox haha, I wouldn't mind buying one but there just isn't a game on that system that I want badly enough... other than forza, but well - im in this thread aren't I? haha