Getting a Bike, good Idea or bad one?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
starscream5000;977253 said:
Yay, not far from me either, I may go pick it up before you get to it ;)

Just joking :biglaugh:

Friend is talking to the guy right now. Looks like I might be picking it up today.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Use the chain it works the best.

roadrash1.jpg

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Pics? What year...?
And have you riden before?

Also, my buddy at work has a 92 CBR like the one you posted and really likes it. He would only sell it because he's hell-bent on getting an R1.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
kwnate;979125 said:
Use the chain it works the best.

roadrash1.jpg
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
trydrew;979126 said:
Pics? What year...?
And have you riden before?

Also, my buddy at work has a 92 CBR like the one you posted and really likes it. He would only sell it because he's hell-bent on getting an R1.

Nope, never drove one before, but I'm learning right now.
Naa we went and looked at that one, and it was SHIT! rust, held together buy zipties, and wouldn't idle for shit.

My friend has a 96 CBR.
This one is a 95. 21k on the clock, its missing the farings(Sp?), but everything is perfect on it, its never been in the rain, and Im 2nd owner.
It was a nice find.

O and my friend is supposed to send me pics he has on his camera, I dont have pics because I dont have a card reader here ><.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
I just got out of the hospital and broke my collar bone in three different places, broke my wrist in two different places and got the sprocket stuck in my leg. Bikes are not a good idea, and I wasn't even being stupid.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
rs4rush;979154 said:
I just got out of the hospital and broke my collar bone in three different places, broke my wrist in two different places and got the sprocket stuck in my leg. Bikes are not a good idea, and I wasn't even being stupid.

Yea I'm scared shitless of this thing, but I've been told if your not then don't get a bike at all. Everyone I've talked to told me the second I get comfortable with it to get rid of it.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Yeah, I had never riden anything with two wheels before I hopped on a '00 Gixxer 750. I was scared and nervious like no other. Now i'm always careful when riding, but after a season of riding it, I started to go faster and faster, just because... Stupid. I haven't ever wrecked or laid it down, but if last summer was any longer I feel I very well could have. I am now looking at a Ninja 250 that my friend has and is willing to let go for uber cheap. I hope to feel safer on it. haha

Also, I'm sure you know, but take good care of it, keep it lubed and all that good stuff.

Learn the throttle before you ever put it in gear, and always ease the throttle when in gear... you'll get used to it soon enough.
Basically, i'm just trying to say "Be really careful because I don't want someone else on the boards getting hurt in a bike accident." Good luck man.

And RS4, i'm sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Rule of thumb is:

"Drive it for a year. If you're still alive after that, chances are you'll never have a serious accident."

The automobile insurance company up here posted stats years back that showed over 90&#37; of serious bike accidents happen in the first year that someone has a bike license.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
OneJoeZee;979224 said:

Exactly!!!

For those that don't know what MSF is, it is the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. They offer classes for new riders and also experience riders. The Basic Riders Course and the Experienced Riders Course. Both are very good courses and I'd also recommend taking the ERC annually to stay fresh.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
AF1JZ;979239 said:
Exactly!!!

For those that don't know what MSF is, it is the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. They offer classes for new riders and also experience riders. The Basic Riders Course and the Experienced Riders Course. Both are very good courses and I'd also recommend taking the ERC annually to stay fresh.

I am, and will be practicing with my friend in a open parking lot for a while. I'm really scared of this thing, but I guess thats good.

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
I say good idea. I think I would enjoy riding but I'm too paranoid.

My girlfriend's dad is a picture perfect biker... a huge, intimidating bearded guy. He only rides when the weather is perfect. It seems like every time we see the him, he tells us about another friend who has been in a bike accident. His stories scare the crap out of me.:aigo:

http://www.dragginjeans.com/

Check that out. Kevlar reinforced riding gear!

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
I didnt do anything wrong i hit some black ice and gravel and good bye me. Just gotta be safe. respect it and it will treat you right. Or freak accidents happen like the one i had.

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Also......Watch everyone ELSE! You have to watch how you ride, and respecet the bike, but also know that drivers just don't see bikes. They can be bright freakin orange and they will smooth run you off the road. I have been pushed outta my lane three times by people changin lanes and not seeing me. ERRRR! I have been riding for alotta years though, and have never wrecked. (Knockin on wood) Just don't get stupid. That is to fast of a bike for your first one. I started out on a beefed up 800 intercepter, and was VERY lucky to not have killed myself. Some of my friends weren't so lucky.