91-92 Style 6.5" speaker pods

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Mods - I looked through the clarification about posting and didn't see anything about "gauging interest" threads, but if I need to get permission, please feel free to delete this thread. I'm hoping that from my previous participation, this thread is OK..

I've looked into having the 6.5" speaker pods made for a couple of years now but couldn't get it down for a decent price. I think I may have found the right hook-up and wanted to see if there was still interest in this part.

It would be similar to stock, same mounting points. Very simply it would allow you to bolt in 6.5" speakers in your front doors without any modification to the vehicle or door panel. I wouldn't include any wiring/clips do to the simplicity in the design.

This isn't a group buy, but please only post if you are acually looking for this piece.

Here are a few pics of the factory piece:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I sold a set before...

I have a set on my 89 with complete with 91 door panels, and stock on my 92..

I'd be down for a set for my 86.5, big improvement over the shitty 4 inchers...

it should be mentioned SOME 6.5 pods came with tweeters, others didn't..

the pair I sold had tweeters, the set on my 89 do not have them, and the ones on my 92 have them, so it may have been an option..

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
i'd be in if not too expensive. i had some custom 5.25" speakers installed front and back so i definitely wouldn't mind upgrading the fronts to 6.5"s...price?

-t3d

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Matt - thanks for posting a pic.

As mentioned, some did come with tweeters. I would not be making any provisions, but it wouldn't be difficult to mount some if you wanted them buried in the door...

They would be injection molded.

If it works out, they'd realistically be done in 4-5 months. Possibly more cause this kind of stuff takes...forever.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
I have an 89 with 6.5" speakers. I don't know how, maybe I already have the pods. Here's a pic of my speaker, maybe someone could help me out.
3544612112_e322cd189a.jpg