Gauging interest: 91-92 6.5" Speaker pods

91-92 Style 6.5" speaker pods

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I'd definitely be interested at the prices quoted. My 92 came with no pods at all. The only problem I see with you doing these Kevin, is that there will always be a demand for them. Once the group buy is over, you will have PM's coming constantly from people who missed out.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
If you look closely, that is a KevinM rear shade on my car in my sig. It doesn't show up too good in that pic though. It has been said that you should not judge a seller by the problems they have, but rather by how they resolve them. My first shade was broken in shipment, and Kevin bent over backwards to get me another one long before a freight claim could be finalized. I will never hesitate to buy anything form Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!! It was not his fault that it got broken, but he fixed the problem immediately. Add to that his prices are always great! What more could you ask for?

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
tissimo;1378319 said:
Is there a shortage of 91/92 6.5" pods? I though these were able to be had regularly for about $40-50?

Nope, since they only came in 91/92's, there are few of them on the market and I doubt they are affordable from Toyota.

Shipping overseas on something like this is no problem.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
The problem is that Toyota will not sell them without the speakers - at least what I found when I was looking at this originally.

I don't want those speakers. I just want the mount.

You can probably find these in a junkyard - but that is a pretty rare thing.

Go Kevin Go!

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Odd, they used to be for sale a year or two ago all over for like 50. I got a set for my old 87.... they're still sitting in the closet though as I didn't buy speakers for em, lol.

If theres a market for it, go for it. I just assumed the market was pretty flooded with them all ready (at least a few years back).

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
I'm definately interested in this. Hopefully I can stay patient and wait on this. Don't know how long I can stay with the busted 4" stockers. Can only listen to Sports radio on AM right now.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
For $80, yeah, I could forsee spending the money if we come up with a solution for the door grill. Just putting in a bigger speaker but not modifying it's opening seems pointless; may as well just get the best 4" speaker possible.

Keros;1405249 said:
For $80, yeah, I could forsee spending the money if we come up with a solution for the door grill. Just putting in a bigger speaker but not modifying it's opening seems pointless; may as well just get the best 4" speaker possible.
Not exactly, the sound will get through anyways. The main issue with a 4" is not loudness but fullness. A 4" speaker just cannot give you a full mid sound. It definitely cant do lows either. A 6.5" gives a much better sound representation, so that is the point. That fullness will still get through even if the cover is not larger. Also, most lows are non directional, so the low tones don't even need a large opening.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
tissimo;1378978 said:
Odd, they used to be for sale a year or two ago all over for like 50. I got a set for my old 87.... they're still sitting in the closet though as I didn't buy speakers for em, lol.

If theres a market for it, go for it. I just assumed the market was pretty flooded with them all ready (at least a few years back).

Justin, i be glad to take them off your hands for 50$. Let me know.