Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
He said that they could not fix at no cost to them that it just cost him to much money and that there's no way it could be knocking because of them.

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
Can you unplug each injector individually to isolate the knock? How much oil pressure does it have?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Problem with taking them to court is that you have to find someone who is willing to testify that they did something wrong, and can help prove it. I've always had the experience of shops being very careful about pointing fingers about stuff done wrong, no matter how clear-cut it seems to be that things were definitely not right.

That being said, A machine shop doing engine assembly really ought to take some responsibility that an engine will at least get started without problems. It's not like your installation of the engine into the car could have caused such a knock.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
I feel for ya too Jordan, my ecu and fuel pump went out at the same time literally 3 days after I bought my car, and I bought it for way too much. I didn't know about the 1jz ecu caps back then and I had no idea what happened, I was inches away from parting out my car within the first week of owning it.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Just wanted to add something, the reason I didn't part it out and still have it to this day is because of this website <3

Lol

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1889813 said:
Did you play them the other vid?

Also ask em what they set the piston to bore clearences at?

I'll have to ask them tomorrow.

They did here the noise in person but it only did it once and never did it again.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
On the way to the machine shop

p1889841_1.jpg

Dropped off at a local shop to have some wiring fixed and a couple things tied up here and there

p1889841_2.jpg

p1889841_3.jpg

p1889841_4.jpg

p1889841_5.jpg

snowman

Banned
Oct 12, 2012
Mpls
Hey the noise is gone! Sounds great TH. Sounded like the piston was clankin something, not anymore or what hahah. Great build man. Loose catch can pshhh. I feel like a fool now hehe.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
No he does not know what the noise is he admitted that.

He said it didn't sound like metal on metal to him. Also said its not rod knock because its intermitten.

In the video he was pointing out the piston slap noise to me. Before the video was turned on the noise happened one time in front of them.

After the car stalled out we could not get it started again at all, it was acting as if the battery was dead just a click and no start. So the plan is to get the car started again and see if we can't track down the noise. He said if the noise is indeed internal that if I pulled the block and take it to him he would take a look at it.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
snowman;1889846 said:
Hey the noise is gone! Sounds great TH. Sounded like the piston was clankin something, not anymore or what hahah. Great build man. Loose catch can pshhh. I feel like a fool now hehe.

Yeah basically the sound came and gone so idk what's up with it...

That was not a catch can its a custom beech performance power steering res. :)