Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1889712 said:
Times like this I wish you were closer... :(

I'd have been happy to help sort this in person Jordan, know exactly what you're feeling right now.

Albert;1889752 said:
Tow it to my shop. Ill help you out

Thanks guys. I'm sure if its doesn't get sorted out soon ill be rebuilding this sob again. Definitely a new record for me tho. Didn't even have this one started for half a second and blew it up.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IndigoMKII;1889700 said:
Have you checked the condition of the plugs at all? Could you pull ALL the plugs and remove efi fuse and crank it to see if you still hear it?
plugs look good and you can not hear it while cranking with no plugs

mstgeer;1889711 said:
Did you pay them with a credit card? If you did, you may be able to get some support from the credit card co.

Dan_Gyoba;1889764 said:
Problem with taking them to court is that you have to find someone who is willing to testify that they did something wrong, and can help prove it. I've always had the experience of shops being very careful about pointing fingers about stuff done wrong, no matter how clear-cut it seems to be that things were definitely not right.

That being said, A machine shop doing engine assembly really ought to take some responsibility that an engine will at least get started without problems. It's not like your installation of the engine into the car could have caused such a knock.

suprakidd;1889782 said:
you dont think he could take them to court for not honoring the warranty he paid for? im sure his friends could attest to him not voiding it any way..

paulb1320;1889784 said:
It would depend on what type of warranty the shop gave, if any. And what was the fine print on any invoice or receipt.

I will not be taking any legal action against anyone. I'd rather cut my loses and learn my lesson and keep truckin along

snowman

Banned
Oct 12, 2012
Mpls
It's like, a what point between paying for your engine to be built, to engine running, what constitutes new work compared to previous work, and liability. Shit for smart phones sign a 2 year contract, but for engines...eeeeehh. haha. I guess it's the trust for your engine builders. But get to these astronomical prices, and your out of luck. I don't think that's fair. But me as a customer, it's like I need to do the double checking for specs, clearance's and what-not and also what your wallet can afford. Theres no mini camera to stick in the spark plug hole to check for piston to valve clearance? haha. I mean put some silly putty on the top of the dome and see if it hits whew. It's friggin 2012 man. Wheres the digital shit lol. All in the teeth on those cams, where you wrap that timing belt, are the cams degreed properly.

Im confused towards "piston slap" and piston bore clearance in a way, this forged shit expands when hot. I thought wiseco, or cp, brands in general would engineer these clearances into the piston when manufactured? But yet still reccomend to get it bored out at whatever thousands of an inch or whatnot they reccomend. Splitting hairs. Fucking hairs of clearance. It's good to know your place will stand by you, when it comes to this custom builds, I would hope and think that "they" as builders would absolutely want you to have a good time with what your paying for, and not get a bad rep. But at some point, when do you cut them loose from the build. I dont have a sunnen machine in my garage, everybody's trying to do their best with what they have. And there's a price for everything, I know that. Cool story brah and all that but shit, when your talkin thousands of dollars to ride on splitting hairs that sucks major asshole. Experience vs education vs forum nubs like myself and I'm not scared to admit it. I don't know everything, but what do you get for your money. Man, what a world. As an enthusiast, to be experienced in every facet of performance these days it seems would take years for some to acquire an understanding, or pay thru the nose. I'm not a hater bro, and I wish you would get years of enjoyment out of what you built and suffered thru.

Turbo Habanero;1889856 said:
plugs look good and you can not hear it while cranking with no plugs
Well, ya the plugs are out. Wheres the bore microscope to shove in the plug hole to check for piston to valve. Who's got it haha...Is there a doctor in the house, give that shit an enema lol.

Last edited:

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
snowman;1889868 said:
It's like, a what point between paying for your engine to be built, to engine running, what constitutes new work compared to previous work, and liability. Shit for smart phones sign a 2 year contract, but for engines...eeeeehh. haha. I guess it's the trust for your engine builders. But get to these astronomical prices, and your out of luck. I don't think that's fair. But me as a customer, it's like I need to do the double checking for specs, clearance's and what-not and also what your wallet can afford. Theres no mini camera to stick in the spark plug hole to check for piston to valve clearance? haha. I mean put some silly putty on the top of the dome and see if it hits whew. It's friggin 2012 man. Wheres the digital shit lol. All in the teeth on those cams, where you wrap that timing belt, are the cams degreed properly.

Im confused towards "piston slap" and piston bore clearance in a way, this forged shit expands when hot. I thought wiseco, or cp, brands in general would engineer these clearances into the piston when manufactured? But yet still reccomend to get it bored out at whatever thousands of an inch or whatnot they reccomend. Splitting hairs. Fucking hairs of clearance. It's good to know your place will stand by you, when it comes to this custom builds, I would hope and think that "they" as builders would absolutely want you to have a good time with what your paying for, and not get a bad rep. But at some point, when do you cut them loose from the build. I dont have a sunnen machine in my garage, everybody's trying to do their best with what they have. And there's a price for everything, I know that. Cool story brah and all that but shit, when your talkin thousands of dollars to ride on splitting hairs that sucks major asshole. Experience vs education vs forum nubs like myself and I'm not scared to admit it. I don't know everything, but what do you get for your money. Man, what a world. As an enthusiast, to be experienced in every facet of performance these days it seems would take years for some to acquire an understanding, or pay thru the nose. I'm not a hater bro, and I wish you would get years of enjoyment out of what you built and suffered thru.

Well, ya the plugs are out. Wheres the bore microscope to shove in the plug hole to check for piston to valve. Who's got it haha...Is there a doctor in the house, give that shit an enema lol.

Life's a bitch then you die.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
What
The
Fuck
Is
That
Shit?!?!?!?

Ian was right sounds like a little troll in a work shop.
But it's so slow its almost like its something with the cams.
Weird shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
IJ.;1889909 said:
The Skirt was touching the crank... it's now in the Pan so it's quiet ;)

Ugh, that brings shivers down my spine. I've seen what a piston skirt can do to a crank. We nuked my 99 yz 250 2 stroke once and the skirt went in between the crank and the connecting rod.:cry:

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
id do a compression and leak down test. if it passes those and the noise is gone or only there during warm up then id keep it as is, but if it fails the comp or leakdown tests then id open her up.

thats what "I'D" do. its your investment

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
suprakidd;1890084 said:
id do a compression and leak down test. if it passes those and the noise is gone or only there during warm up then id keep it as is, but if it fails the comp or leakdown tests then id open her up.

thats what "I'D" do. its your investment

i have a compression tester and a leak down tester and air compressor as well to help him with that. only thing I don't see how these tests would help find the noise/current problem. it's best for finding a leaking headgasket and bad rings.

Jordan has it been to running OP temp yet? we could see "somehow" if there is any interference with the pistons since the compression has changed compared to stock.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
^^Agreed

Also, I would pull the head, check for unusual wear and that a piston isn't hitting the head (thus a spun bearing).
And cut the oil filter open and check for metal shavings.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
87supraguy;1890086 said:
i have a compression tester and a leak down tester and air compressor as well to help him with that. only thing I don't see how these tests would help find the noise/current problem. it's best for finding a leaking headgasket and bad rings.

At this point, it's worth checking.