Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This has always been my biggest fear. Pour my soul into the heartless beast and watch her spit it out. Is why my next stage is taking so damn long... Lol

Hope this doesn't stop you. Hard to see it happening because I know what a pain in the ass it is to figure out who's at fault and how to get it corrected

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
its must truly suck to be in his position after spending so much money into it then this happen.... Im just gathering up parts for my 1j swap and i pray that the motor i get comes in good condtion.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
It does suck but its only a car and life is what it is.

Plans now hmm well that's undecided I need to figure out what happened was it a machine shop that didn't do its job or a shitty oil pump or something I did... Who knows

I will fix this its not the end of the world pulling a motor is not hard and bearings/machine work is cheap compared to a rod through the block.

Steven went through my whole engine last time and it all checked out and I trust him so im leaning on my fault or oil pump. All in all this car will live on.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Turbo Habanero;1963349 said:
It does suck but its only a car and life is what it is.

Plans now hmm well that's undecided I need to figure out what happened was it a machine shop that didn't do its job or a shitty oil pump or something I did... Who knows

I will fix this its not the end of the world pulling a motor is not hard and bearings/machine work is cheap compared to a rod through the block.

Steven went through my whole engine last time and it all checked out and I trust him so im leaning on my fault or oil pump. All in all this car will live on.

:( that video was hard to watch. Time to upgrade to a 7m :p

flyjum

Oct 5, 2006
Mesa AZ
Did you ever get a tune on this thing?
Not just a street tune.
You said you put only 1700miles on it but as far as I can tell its been 1700miles of burnouts.
Shit sucks could do a basic rebuild with it or 1.5jz with a factory bottom end and part out whats left of the 1jz.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
In to find out what happened to it...sorry to hear :( I vote rebuilding it though, what's cleaning everything out, getting the rods/crank checked and new bearings?

That's my worst fear as well, nightmares about a freak piece of metal making its way down one of the oil ports in the block and lunching the bearings after idling for 5 minutes.

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
unbolt the motor mounts, lift it up about 5 inches. pull the pan off and throw new rod bearings in it. At the point your at, a whole weekend 100$(for the bearings) and a whole lack of shits given id just do it.
(It'll work ;] )
I've read your whole thread, and ive had the same shitty luck with my fair share of money being thrown away, quite honest, i only drove my supra a thousand kms because im scared of it costing me more money!
only problem is i cant sell it cause it would mean throwing all the money put into it away... i've lost track.

On another note for the 1.5jz you can get bran new 2jz short blocks from toyota not such a bad idea.