Emilio's NewRedSupra

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
So what's the latest? What's left?

I decided to just let the toe link ride as-is for now. It's not broken and should work okay for the time being. One of these days I'll need to swipe one from Steve.

I did some troubleshooting on the A/C circuit, and have some plans, but just haven't gotten around to doing much about it. Maybe one day.

I do have new IC piping coming my way - replacing the hard and cracking OEM coldside piping, but leaving the stock IC. This car isn't a racecar, so just having something reliable and not leaking is the primary goal.

Lastly, I need new tires. The rears are down to the wear bars, and the fronts won't be long to follow....

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
slowma70;2075187 said:
What made you go one piece driveshaft? nice build btw

The carrier bearing in the middle of the transmission was worn out pretty severely and clunking all over the place. The 1 piece was a lot lighter, and only marginally more expensive than a new OEM bearing, so I went for it. It's a really great piece and I'm happy I purchased it.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Ok gotcha, im having that clunking noise when i go on and off the throttle even with the Ford ranger center support bearing, i might have to consider going with a 1 piece.. Thanks

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Oh, and I kinda might have purchased a new car...

f751c999214857c9f0544ee3680ad209.jpg

cfbcfd5c70aed9cc6aca096e03a59e60.jpg

Last edited:

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
So uh, update. I managed to score a set of 17x10 5Zigen wheels locally that match the ones on the car. The 255/40R17s on 17x9s seem to fit up front fine, and the 10s can go on the rear. I will need a set of tires for them however, and selection of wide (greater than 255mm) 17" tires in the right diameter is tough to find.

Also, two major things are still bugging me. The A/C idle up problem makes the car essentially A/C-less in stop and go traffic, which I unfortunately participate in quite frequently. Bummer.

Lastly, the IC pipe is getting worse and worse, and the car is getting SLOW. I really need to get around to fixing it before I drive the car again. Anyone have a bolt-on coldside pipe for a 1JZ Supra around?

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Yearly bump? Ha!

1. Got new IC pipes in, and it's a lot better.
2. Still haven't put the 17x10s on the car.
3. A/C is re-wired and working great now! No more stalling.
4. Dyno'd the car. 271 horsepower to the wheels on a Mustang Dyno. Not too shabby!
5. My photobucket account is no longer hooked up. Oops
6. I'm considering selling the car. It doesn't fit in my life as well as it once did.

Supra.jpg

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Good choice selling it there.

I have seen some very stock Supra's go for very unusual high prices there.

You should be able to sell for a good price.