Ebay Full Silicone Hose Kit

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Was just browsing Fleabay and came across something interesting: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/26PCS-SILICO...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a71bd2916

Has anyone delt with this company before or have even purchased this kit? Assuming the quality isnt utter shit this could be a pretty excellent deal. They come in blue/black/red, it looks like white is also available but not in the 26 piece kit.

EDIT: See page 7 & 8 for member pics of hoses.

$(KGrHqV,!q0E88giI)HwBPSeeroVJw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJCME63(5C,IBBO2Ib4J5mQ~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJBkE9!JzSZ8kBPYYehiQMg~~60_57.JPG
Cyrus;1844181 said:
havent had a chance to install most of these, but i did get them all measured. below are all the outer diameters, as accurately as i could manage. each hose's wall thickness is about .15 inches.

here's a list, along with some pictures:
*= OD was different on each end

*1) 1.02 / 2.0
2) 1.21
3) 1
4) .63
5) .67
*6) 1 / .86
7) .68
8) 1.65
9) .74
10) 1.0
11) 1.1
12) 1.06
13) 1.0
14) .95
15) .7
16) 3.12
17) 1
18) 1.1
19) 1
20) .96
21) 1.65
*22) 3.5 / 3.15

obviously it is difficult to get a very exact measurement because the hose flexes with the calipers on, and the ends aren't perfectly circular. these figures should be fairly close and can give you an idea of what hose clamps you'll need. the only clamps i am re-using from my stock hoses are spring clamps, like those that are on all of the hoses connected to the accordion hose.

here's a couple pictures to match the #'s above to specific hoses:
View attachment 58254
View attachment 58255

Last edited:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Chinese. Fwiw my car got only one set of hoses (I'm talking coolant hoses) and belts during its entire life. The set that came with the car new was tossed at 105K miles when I did the engine and their Toyota replacements were still fine 80K later when the car went away after 22+ years. The lower radiator hose was never replaced. I still have the new one hanging on my garage wall. You want good hoses and belts, buy OEM. Course, they won't be that pretty blue...

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I wont argue that they are better than oem, however try comparing the pricing of oem to that kit which appears to be complete. TBH I'd prefer black silicone hoses myself but blue seems to be the staple of the ebay mafia.

A few of mine have started to go here and there at 152000km's, lower rad hose has a bubble in it, turbo coolant feed line, and several of the larger vacuum hoses going to the accordion have cracked. Makes me nervous of what other lines may be on a razors edge, and most of those oem formed lines are ludicrously expensive for most people to consider replacing them all in one sweep for the sake of piece of mind.

Edit: Reading down the ad they do offer them in blue/black/red.

Last edited:

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
I'm not a fan of silicone hoses for the fact that I notice they tend to collapse under vacuum. My car had a bunch of blue silicone hoses, some of them were permaneantly collapsed, so I ended up replacing all of them when I did my swap. Rubber hoses tend to fit tighter and they hold their shape.
-AM3

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
jetjock;1820981 said:
The price for piece of mind must be different on a little forested peninsula than it is in the deserts of the American West :icon_bigg
I think its more a difference in value than price :p
-AM3

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Here is the current Canadian suggested retail for the hoses that appear to be in the kit and their p/n's. Obviously I cannot guarantee these are the exact hoses in the kit as they dont specifically list them but it appears to be just about right from what I can see.

Obviously its going to be cheaper through Toyota USA, unfortunately I don't have direct access to their pricing. The more bloated hoses price wise are the ic hoses but it gives you an idea of the prices involved for all those little formed hoses.
IMG_0001.jpg

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Canuckrz;1821193 said:
Here is the current Canadian suggested retail for the hoses that appear to be in the kit and their p/n's. Obviously I cannot guarantee these are the exact hoses in the kit as they dont specifically list them but it appears to be just about right from what I can see.

Obviously its going to be cheaper through Toyota USA, unfortunately I don't have direct access to their pricing. The more bloated hoses price wise are the ic hoses but it gives you an idea of the prices involved for all those little formed hoses.
View attachment 56605
images

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Pretty much. ^

I'm impressed they went as far as to replicate all the hoses they did, fitment obviously remains to be seen until someone steps up; though looking at the pictures the bends seem to be tight and accurate.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
I'd really to love to know how this works out. I'm looking at a set for my 88 as well since I'm planning on doing a lot of work this summer and all my rubber hoses are shot. Please post your thoughts and pics once you've got it installed.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Looking at the accordian pipe that comes with it, it doesnt come with the small metal pipes. My question is how removable are the pipes from the stock accordian?

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
I saw that kit as well and yes they have black as well as blue and red colours. I was looking to buy them as well. There was another member looking at that same companys other kit I belive it was the 16 piece kit and they said it was a direct bolt up replacement. And it does say 4 ply silicon and they are reinforced!

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
All we need is for the members on here that have repeatedly stated they bought or are planning to buy this kit to come back and report. There are countless threads that are focused on this exact ebay item, in fact I was one of the first to start said threads, but I didn't buy because I ended up going hardpipes so no longer needed silicone replacements for my blown rubber IC pipes. If these members can report and have positive results, I'm sure the ebay seller will be inundated with requests for this kit since hoses are so hard to find for us now.