Ebay Full Silicone Hose Kit

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Updated the first post with pictures of the various colors, I can't find a pic of the full 26 for white it looks like they supply the white ones in smaller kits. Also I was sure one of the postings had a picture of them on car but I can't seem to find it atm.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys just an update I purchase my kit on the 13th of this month it was shipped by snail main on the 16th and it arrived today the 24th thats 7 buisness days way faster then the predictied 2-4 buisness weeks. But youll have to wait to see pictures and other updates when I get a chance to install them.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
I've finally managed to collect all the various hose clamps needed for this kit. I'll sit down and build a list of sizes and how many are needed, as well as where I got them from. It was a bitch trying to find 3/4" t-bolt clamps...

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Say this, since I took a look for radiator hoses.

I like that it (seems to) come with the hose from the valve cover to the block, as mine isn't in good shape at all. I also like the idea of replacing those two little 90 degree elbows with something stronger and possibly longer lasting. Looking forward to seeing some reviews.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
So it turns out if you send something to Canada, you could wrap it like it was a bomb. I swear the customs agent who got this must of thought "Fuck that shit! I'm not inspecting this, I'll take the senders word for it." I should have taken a picture of this but I was too excited to wait. Honestly the sender must had used at least a full roll of their company packing tape.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Mine was a jumbled mess of tape and plastic bags and tyvek, which was then thrown in a box. It took about 10 seconds to open the box, but about 10 minutes to remove the hoses from all the other shit.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Cool, be sure to post up your opinion on the kit once it lands. Once Neodeuccio gets a chance to make the list of clamps he used I'll make a chart of the various sizes and ammounts so it will be easy to pick out.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
91supran/a;1828363 said:
that free snail mail got it to my house in VA in 3 days.... lol
anyway got all mine on engine is running now got it up to operating temp and no leaks the side walls are thinker on these so they factor spring clips will not work. only coolant lines that did not come with it was the line between the throttle body and idle motor. and did not come with the short curved lower coolant line for the turbo. everything else was included.

Should let them know those lines are missing so we can get a complete set.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Received the kit today.

Doesn't look bad. The silicone hoses look much the same as the silicone couplers that I've been using with my IC piping for a couple of years now. The shapes and sizes look reasonable. It may be possible to use the factory clamps in places, but I'm not going to hold my breath. For many of these, there are already worm clamps on my engine, and for ones that aren't so visible, this will suit me fine. I don't need T bolt clamps everywhere.

Basically, it appears to be nylon reinforced silicone, of reasonable thickness. The material itself can't be too bad, silicone is silicone, after all. I can't identify some of the hoses, but I'm sure that I'll figure it out.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Dan_Gyoba;1835607 said:
Received the kit today.

Doesn't look bad. The silicone hoses look much the same as the silicone couplers that I've been using with my IC piping for a couple of years now. The shapes and sizes look reasonable. It may be possible to use the factory clamps in places, but I'm not going to hold my breath. For many of these, there are already worm clamps on my engine, and for ones that aren't so visible, this will suit me fine. I don't need T bolt clamps everywhere.

Basically, it appears to be nylon reinforced silicone, of reasonable thickness. The material itself can't be too bad, silicone is silicone, after all. I can't identify some of the hoses, but I'm sure that I'll figure it out.

Keep in mind worm gear clamps aren't recommended for silicone (cheese grater effect)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Did a few quick materials tests on the upper radiator hose, since I didn't plan on using that one.

Specific gravity of a chunk of the material is equal to that of the silicone couplers which I am using in my IC piping, both the ones that came from Driftmotion and the ones that came from Mopac. Not exactly mass spectroscopy, but this is as good a comparison between the materials as I could make.

Boiled the hose in a pressure tube with the relief valve at 75 PSI. This should give the water a boiling point of about 160 deg C. (Should have taken video of the pressure release.) Immediately put pressure on the hose to deform it (Hot water under pressure from the air compressor at 30 PSI), which it successfully resisted, so it's good for immersed temperatures of at least that much, which is hotter than the coolant should ever be. Poked and prodded it with progressively hotter tools until it did deform, but the pliers were pretty much glowing red at this point, so unless they need to survive direct contact with the exhaust manifold or turbo hot-side, I think that they'll be okay.

For what it's worth, I ordered the kit in eBay mafia blue. I figured what the heck. All of the existing silicone couplers in my IC piping are blue, and the silicone vacuum hose kit that I've got is blue...

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Dan_Gyoba;1836144 said:
Did a few quick materials tests on the upper radiator hose, since I didn't plan on using that one.

Specific gravity of a chunk of the material is equal to that of the silicone couplers which I am using in my IC piping, both the ones that came from Driftmotion and the ones that came from Mopac. Not exactly mass spectroscopy, but this is as good a comparison between the materials as I could make.

Boiled the hose in a pressure tube with the relief valve at 75 PSI. This should give the water a boiling point of about 160 deg C. (Should have taken video of the pressure release.) Immediately put pressure on the hose to deform it (Hot water under pressure from the air compressor at 30 PSI), which it successfully resisted, so it's good for immersed temperatures of at least that much, which is hotter than the coolant should ever be. Poked and prodded it with progressively hotter tools until it did deform, but the pliers were pretty much glowing red at this point, so unless they need to survive direct contact with the exhaust manifold or turbo hot-side, I think that they'll be okay.

For what it's worth, I ordered the kit in eBay mafia blue. I figured what the heck. All of the existing silicone couplers in my IC piping are blue, and the silicone vacuum hose kit that I've got is blue...
Well, I will say this is pretty thorough and impressive. My only concern now is the one thing we can't simulate, which is time. Whether it will it deliver the same results after being used for a year or two after being put through a couple hundred heat cycles, is anyones guess. But these tests sound promising, I'll check in with some of you that have bought the kit in a year or two and see how its holding up.
-AM3

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I have to say I'm impressed at how far you went with the testing, must be nice to have that kind of equipment on hand.
Another MkIII;1836176 said:
My only concern now is the one thing we can't simulate, which is time. -AM3
Could see if they make a set for a Delorean.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Well, I'm going through the trouble of building a motor, and I really don't want it to fail because of a cheap hose. Specific gravity is easy to measure, you just need an accurate scale and a bowl of water. I built the pressure tube as part of a wood bender, the pressure caps were modified from an IC pipe tester that I made a couple years back, and it only takes a cheap propane torch and an expendable pair of pliers for the last test.

Of course this only means that my upper radiator hose has been tested this well, but I think that it's safe enough to assume that the other hoses in the kit are of similar material spec.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Canuckrz;1836266 said:
I have to say I'm impressed at how far you went with the testing, must be nice to have that kind of equipment on hand.
Could see if they make a set for a Delorean.
Plus for that car, you wouldn't have to worry about longevity.
If they ever start looking shitty, you just hit 88mph, go back two years, and steal them from yourself.

:: hommer ::

PS- I just got a message from the seller, saying they were out of black, so it'll be a couple days till mine ship.

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
I also got the message from the seller saying they are out of black. I better get mine before you, supraguy! ;)

on a side note, i've exchanged a couple emails with the customer service guy (named Dave) and he has been fucking awesome. very helpful and very knowledgable. i'm rather impressed. would highly recommend this "winner racing performance" seller. hopefully the product is as good as the seller's customer service!