Ebay Full Silicone Hose Kit

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
lithium14;1824838 said:
All we need is for the members on here that have repeatedly stated they bought or are planning to buy this kit to come back and report. There are countless threads that are focused on this exact ebay item, in fact I was one of the first to start said threads, but I didn't buy because I ended up going hardpipes so no longer needed silicone replacements for my blown rubber IC pipes. If these members can report and have positive results, I'm sure the ebay seller will be inundated with requests for this kit since hoses are so hard to find for us now.

My set is on order and should arrive any day. I'll have them installed and running in about a week and will report back then.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
What I want is a Viton block vent hose. As in the one that goes from the block under the alternator to the valve cover at the oil filler cap. The regular rubber ones turn hard and crack after only a few years. I'd probably also buy a idle air bypass hose made of Viton. I already went with Viton for the 3 short pieces that connect the valve cover vent T to the throttle body, but they're short straight sections and were easy to cut from a short piece of hose I bought.

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
i did not forget about you guys i recieved my radiator today been workign doubles all week. starting my re asambly tomorow all day on my day off and saturday as well i will report back with pics. on the raidiator it looks very nice but got damaged in shiping crapy packaging it is not leaking just bent on the edge.. will post pics tomorow afternoon.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
I don't care about pics nearly as much as the reliability factor. I think the same goes for a lot of the members here. We want to know that these work like they are supposed to and last at least a few years.
-AM3

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Ive test fit the three heater hoses and they fit perfect. and idk about how long they will last but there built just like a inter cooler coupler which is resistant to heat and oil so i could see them lasting a long time.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Another MkIII;1825170 said:
I don't care about pics nearly as much as the reliability factor. I think the same goes for a lot of the members here. We want to know that these work like they are supposed to and last at least a few years.
-AM3

I'll do my best to report back, but as far as if they'll last a few years... you'll have to wait a few years. :biglaugh:

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Once the hoses arrive (from China :icon_mad:), I'll take pics of the kit and the install process. I paid for faster shipping, so they should be here in a day or two. Work will probably start next Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'll get pics up as soon as possible.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Can't say for this exact set, but I've been replacing all the coolant/vacuum lines with quality silicone pieces, either generic foot-lengths that are cut to size or molded pieces for some of the coolant lines.

Silicone is superior to Toyota's OEM rubber, end of story. However the quality of any material will change depending on where you buy it from/how it was manufactured etc.

Just because it works for 105k miles doesn't mean there isn't something better out there. Me, I'd rather do it once and be done with it.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Agreed, and replacing the stock hoses with more stock hoses will work, but the cost is huge. The kit I bought comes with a 1 year warranty, so if I have any problems, at least I have some sort of fall back.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Just a heads up guys I just purchased a full 26 piece black silicone hose kit. I had to replace the factory hoses (all of them *facepalm*) because I looked under the hood today to fine all my vacuume likes are starting to age and all my Inter cooler hoses are cracked at the clamps... so yes Im having major boost leaks. It wont be here for probally 1 month as I took the free snail mail. I had to cause Im trying to keep the car looking like its stock, so thats why I bought this as opposed to a metal pipe kit. Anyway heres the link to the black ones if anyone is looking
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/26PCS-SILICO...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc2b02d9f

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Maple191;1828177 said:
Just a heads up guys I just purchased a full 26 piece black silicone hose kit. I had to replace the factory hoses (all of them *facepalm*) because I looked under the hood today to fine all my vacuume likes are starting to age and all my Inter cooler hoses are cracked at the clamps... so yes Im having major boost leaks. It wont be here for probally 1 month as I took the free snail mail. I had to cause Im trying to keep the car looking like its stock, so thats why I bought this as opposed to a metal pipe kit. Anyway heres the link to the black ones if anyone is looking
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/26PCS-SILICO...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc2b02d9f

That's the exact kit I bought. Quality looks pretty good: silicone is not too hard, not too soft. It looks like 4-ply stuff too. Be aware that this does not come with hose clamps, so unless you plan on reusing the annoying factory clamps, you'll need to buy new ones. You'll need about 60 clamps of varying sizes from (I think) 0.75" to 3.5". I chose to go with all stainless T-bolt clamps, except on the small ones (because you can't buy 1" t-bolts, damnit), so I spent about another $100 to make it all look good. I haven't started swapping hoses yet, so I can't speak to the fit of them all yet, but I'll update when I do.

Also, you'll need to pull the metal pieces from the factory accordion hose and fit them into the new silicone replacement. I haven't done that yet either, but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
that free snail mail got it to my house in VA in 3 days.... lol
anyway got all mine on engine is running now got it up to operating temp and no leaks the side walls are thinker on these so they factor spring clips will not work. only coolant lines that did not come with it was the line between the throttle body and idle motor. and did not come with the short curved lower coolant line for the turbo. everything else was included.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
I work in the shop at the local Toyota dealer in my area. So hose clamps and other hardware isnt a problem. Although I always get the 3rd degree for having a MKIII

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Neodeuccio;1828195 said:
That's the exact kit I bought. Quality looks pretty good: silicone is not too hard, not too soft. It looks like 4-ply stuff too. Be aware that this does not come with hose clamps, so unless you plan on reusing the annoying factory clamps, you'll need to buy new ones. You'll need about 60 clamps of varying sizes from (I think) 0.75" to 3.5". I chose to go with all stainless T-bolt clamps, except on the small ones (because you can't buy 1" t-bolts, damnit), so I spent about another $100 to make it all look good. I haven't started swapping hoses yet, so I can't speak to the fit of them all yet, but I'll update when I do.

Also, you'll need to pull the metal pieces from the factory accordion hose and fit them into the new silicone replacement. I haven't done that yet either, but we'll see how it goes.
Who did you source all your T clamps through? Anychance you still have a list handy of what you bought sizewise?

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Virtually all my hose clamps came from Summit. I sourced a few of the larger ones from Napa since I get a discount through them due to work, but Summit may still have been cheaper. I just called Napa first. The only problem I ran into is that they don't have any clamps for the 1.00" and 0.75" hoses that aren't worm drive (which I hate). I'm waiting to hear back from a company in India that makes these to see if they ship internationally. I'll put together a list of what I bought and the prices for them. I should have it online tonight.