Ebay 7M FFIM

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Weird, I still see them in my post and in the quoted one, I'm on my work computer right now, anyone want to host the pics on a file sharing site so they can be linked to here for me? (work computer firewall will not allow it).

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
dcrusupra;976177 said:
Uhh...I don't know about everyone else but im not going to shell out $1129 for an intake manifold...ever. :aigo:

I have to agree on this one. While I'm very happy the options are available, they need some serious competition so price wars can wage. At that price, costs greatly outweigh the advantages IMO.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
The pictures are here:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The problem with the EGR port is it needs to be close to the TB. Otherwise exhaust gases will not mix uniformly with the intake charge.

It needs to look something like this:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Here's the problem, I highly doubt they will make provisions on a case-by-case request and will most likely just reuse the same type of FFIM on the 7M as with many others. I can send them an email requesting these provisions to be included, but we need to make a list of what provisions should be included, and then we'll see what the response is.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
jdub;977504 said:
The problem with the EGR port is it needs to be close to the TB. Otherwise exhaust gases will not mix uniformly with the intake charge.

It needs to look something like this:
I can see that being optimal, but that system looks even better than stock for mixture. The stock manifold puts most of the exhaust gas into cylinder #6, I'm sure...

I wonder if you could run that pipe inside the manifold...

Dammit, I really need to learn how to weld.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You could, but it would be quite a bit of work. When I had this done, talked with Seth a lot about that exact issue...inside or outside. Plus the way the EGR fitting angles up would make it very difficult.

On the stock EGR, the manifold port (part of the casting) leads to an opening right below the TB...if anything, the middle cylinders get more exhaust gas. I agree though, the set-up on my FFIM is even better...allows a better mix.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
jdub, EGR gases cool the combustion mixture right? so in doing the EGR setup that way wouldnt you also have a "cooler" running car as its mixing with all of the air coming in?

And if thats how seth makes his FFIM's. i know who im going to be talking to when it comes time for mine...

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
That is correct...the EGR will result in cooler cylinder combustion temps. And as Poodles pointed out, the stock port can get clogged over time...on this FFIM, it's a piece of cake to clean the tube.

Seth does a nice job...this one is a heavily customized mid-length runner with provision for the line pressure up cable for the tranny and a PCV port behind the TB. It should work well for what I want to do.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Mid-length? how long are your runners?

did he also include the EGR "tube" to go to the front of the FFIM?
Wouldnt another option be to put it under the FFIM instead of on that side? just to hide it a little better. Or even in the middle of the FFIM underneath it?