Ebay 7M FFIM

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7Mgt...003QQitemZ130192323611QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

As some of you may have heard, this manifold was designed for RHD cars (coming from Japan/China, that's a no brainer).

People are having problems making this fit in their LHD cars without it hitting the brake booster. The fix? Get a different brake booster out of another vehicle? Pass.

I contacted the seller of these yesterday explaining the situation that we are in with having a very limited selection of FFIM's available and all the others are hand made and have a waiting line on them.

Keep your arguments out of this thread on "buy from a member here, support the community". I AM supporting the community by doing this. If someone wants to buy a home made one, they will, no one's forcing them to buy one off of ebay, so shut it up before you even start that crap, thanks!

I was surprised to find out this morning that the seller wants some clearance measurements of the distance from the brake booster to the intake ports on the head. They advised me once we have these measurements they will redesign this FFIM and have a working one for a LHD car!

What I really need is someone who has their intake manifold off and can take some measurements of between the intake ports on the head to the brake booster, and anything else that you may think will interfere with the design of the FFIM.

Again, thanks for your help and supporting the community ;).

Also, for those of you who have bought this already and bolted it into the engine bay, have you noticed any other clearance issues?

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
starscream5000;902365 said:
It's appreciated fellas! Just post them up here ;).
ok, your looking at 7.5 inches from the intake ports to the tip of the brake booster, and your looking at 11.25 inches fron the ports to the strut tower. Is there any other ones you need?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
For some strange reason I meant to say brake master cylinder the entire time, IDK why I've been saying brake booster. I guess I'm hung up on having to change out the brake booster in my DD eh?

You measurements were measured from the actual brake booster or the brake master cylinder?

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
starscream5000;902411 said:
Thanks! That should be it unless someone who has bought one and tried it out has found another spot that was interfering.
no problem, and actually me and my buddy custom fabbed a FFIM up for mine, the only problem we had was the distance from the brake booster to the intake mani was the fact that we had to slide it over the 2 or 3 studs on the head so we needed a little bit extra space...all in all we took a little bit off and it fit perfect

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
starscream5000;902417 said:
You could have also used bolts on those back 2 or 3 and kept studs on the rest, but that would be wrong for people who are a little anal about those things ;).
yea, I know, and stuff like that doesnt really bother me, we just had access to all the machinery at the time so we used it to our advantage lol.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Check this out, there's two types of FFIM's on ebay for the 7M now it seems, they are very close in design, but one set further back than the other:

The one from my first link.
9bd4_1.JPG

And this one from here.

c7a3_1_b.JPG

Notice the difference? It looks like the bottom one souldn't have a problem fitting, but looks can be decieving, so I'm not 100% sure on this.

Thoughts?

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
starscream5000;906721 said:
Check this out, there's two types of FFIM's on ebay for the 7M now it seems, they are very close in design, but one set further back than the other:

The one from my first link.
9bd4_1.JPG

And this one from here.

c7a3_1_b.JPG

Notice the difference? It looks like the bottom one souldn't have a problem fitting, but looks can be decieving, so I'm not 100% sure on this.

Thoughts?
yea, I would say the bottom one is a deff. different, the 6th runner on the top one looks to be completely straight, and the bottom one appears to be shiffed to the right a decent ammount, but the only question is is if its moved forward enough to clear the brake booster. The only way you could find out is get the dimentions from them or buy one. but from the pics I dont think you would hit

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
UPDATE

Well, I got the sell to redesign the FFIM and he's given me a few picutres to look at, for reference in case anyone is interest in obtaining this design from this seller, his ID is Ku Engineering.

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Input please on everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
starscream5000;975968 said:
UPDATE

Well, I got the sell to redesign the FFIM and he's given me a few picutres to look at, for reference in case anyone is interest in obtaining this design from this seller, his ID is Ku Engineering.

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Input please on everyone's thoughts?

cant see the pictures