Does an Automatic harness work on a manual supra?

Eliasj11

Apr 3, 2012
Nor Cal
Hey guys i have a 92 mk3 supra (manual) and i have a harness from an automatic 91 mk3 supra. My question is will the harness work on my supra or will i have to tweak the wiring, or will it flat out not work?Any help would be great! Thanks.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can use a auto harness in a manual.

As long as the body plugs are the same your fine.

Eliasj11

Apr 3, 2012
Nor Cal
Thanks.

alright then that isnt the problem that im having if anybody can understand me and can help me out that would be great so basically the problem that im having is the ignition switch is not sending any power to the starter and the ignition coil i dont know if that is what its called. how do i fix this can i just replace the ignition switch?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can check for cranking power at the ign switch. If none switch is bad. If it has 12v then it's likely a wiring or starter issue.

Eliasj11

Apr 3, 2012
Nor Cal
ill try that and someone also told me that since its an auto harness that i need to bypass the neutral switch and it should start soo imma try it out

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I have a manual car with an auto harness. Let me know if you haven't figured this out and ill find out which wire I used to the starter. Also as previously stated I believe that the neutral switch is on the body harness as I didn't mess with mine and it works as intended.

bandit1730

May 19, 2012
Miami FL 33181
Perhaps I can find some kind of direction on this thread. Here it goes:
Have a complete 89 5sp turbo (rusty shell and not worth patching up). The 7M-GTE engine of this car has been overhauled (all stock specs with 0.50 over sized pistons).
Have a complete 89 auto n/a with a BHG. I bought it because of the shell being rust free and now want to transfer the power train from the 89 described above and want to know the best route to do the swap being that I have the whole M/T setup.
Basically, I need direction in regards to wiring and modules. Do I strip all wiring from the M/T and install it on the Auto shell along with computers/modules or just swap the computers/modules? Also, how to deal with the neutral switch in this case scenario.

Thanks to all!

bandit1730

May 19, 2012
Miami FL 33181
Perhaps I can find some kind of direction on this thread. Here it goes:
Have a complete 89 5sp turbo (rusty shell and not worth patching up). The 7M-GTE engine of this car has been overhauled (all stock specs with 0.50 over sized pistons).
Have a complete 89 auto n/a with a BHG. I bought it because of the shell being rust free and now want to transfer the power train from the 89 described above and want to know the best route to do the swap being that I have the whole M/T setup.
Basically, I need direction in regards to wiring and modules. Do I strip all wiring from the M/T and install it on the Auto shell along with computers/modules or just swap the computers/modules? Also, how to deal with the neutral switch in this case scenario.

Thanks to all!
Note: here is the link to my rusted/wrecked shell thread
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?181193-Wrecked-my-89-M-T-turbo-shell-on-the-way-to-the-paint-shop-yesterday-(7-12-2013)/page2