Chunks' Build

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
IJ.;1465111 said:
This is the first time I've used wrap and sheilds and agreed it's very quiet just DAMN ITCHY!! :runaway:

Yea like i said i thought something was wrong when i first started it, sounded like i had a stock exhaust on the car from the front. Of course from the back the 4 inch exhaust changed that opinion haha. Itchy is right, Gloves and a long sleeve shirt are a must when working with the stuff, they even recommend a breathing mask.

carter;1465165 said:
thats a pretty cool idea for the oil coolers... first time i've seen it before anyway

Thanks, i figured it was the easiest/best way to mount them for my particular car. I re-mounted them with a mounting kit made by Perma-Cool. There in the same spot but when i first mounted them with the wire ties i noticed a 185F temp rating. The last thing i wanted was to have the ties melt and let the coolers slide down the front of the radiator. Better safe then sorry, and the kits were like 5 bucks per cooler so it was worth it.

The Perma-Cool mounting kit is made for mounting the coolers this way and the ends are square and feet like so they stay where you put them. It also comes with square cushion pads that you put between the cooler and front of the radiator to space the cooler away and prevent any rubbing/damage to either the cooler or the radiator.

In a few hours its off to Mcdonalds for some Mcgriddles and then its Supra Stick installation time!!!!!!!! Still dark right now, just waiting for some sunlight! :evil2:

Ian, any preference to water/meth kits? Its going to be the next thing i need to get before i can get tuned this spring. 25PSI here i come! :evil2::naughty:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Nice build I'll be keeping an eye on this as it unfolds

Keen to see where you mount your fuel pressure regulator

Also how do you locate the coils with the N/A valve covers?

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
HKS_TRD;1465211 said:
Nice build I'll be keeping an eye on this as it unfolds

Keen to see where you mount your fuel pressure regulator

Also how do you locate the coils with the N/A valve covers?

Thanks, The coils are pretty much just resting on top, between the spark plug wires and the wires from the ignitor there not going anywhere. When i eventually go FFIM theyll get mounted on a bracket to the firewall and ill move the spark plug wires around so they all reach.

Fuel pressure regulatorim going to try to squeak in beside the brake booster, im trying to keep the front of the wheel wells open, there busy enough with the fuse blocks and ignitor.

92nsx;1465228 said:
So Ian, is it itchy an all???? :rofl:

Its an itchy enough job to make you make sure it gets done once, im getting itchy again just thinking about it. :: angry ::

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
92nsx;1465228 said:
So Ian, is it itchy an all???? :rofl:

LOL I'm still itchy from working on mine yesterday :(

Dan: I bought a Snow kit and ended up only using the Nozzle and Pump and got my MoTeC guys to Map what the controller outputs and replicate that in the M800, works really well.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
IJ. said:
Dan: I bought a Snow kit and ended up only using the Nozzle and Pump and got my MoTeC guys to Map what the controller outputs and replicate that in the M800, works really well.

I see i'm going to look more into it. I got time before I'll need it.

Installed the Supra Stick v4 and after much trial and error me and Ian came up with the solution to the speed input for the controller.

Solution is In this thread:http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112174

I will update when all is finalized.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Figure ill post a Spec List.

Engine:
Bored .017", Deck milled, New freeze plugs
Cometic 2.0mm MHG
Ross oversize .017 pistons
Eagle Racing Connecting rods
Stock Crank, polished journals
New factory turbo oil pump
New Factory Toyota Gasket Set

Electronics:
EMS 8860 Standalone engine management
Supra Stick Version 4 Transmission controller.
Zeitronix ZT-2 wideband 02
HP Desktop Car PC
8.4" Monitor In Dash
Prosport Oil Pressure Amber/White
Prosport Water Temp Amber/White
Devils Own DVC-30 Water/Meth Stage 2 progressive Kit

Drivetrain:
Rebuilt A340E upgraded clutches
Replaced accumulator springs with steel stock
SIP racing torque converter 3000rpm stall

Cooling:
Mishimoto Radiator
2X B&M supercoolers
2X Perma cool 180 degree Thermostats
Treadstone TR12 12"X22"X4.5" Core Intercooler

Fuel
2X Walbro 255's
Denso 700cc Injectors
Aluminum -8 Feed, -6 Return
Aeromotive AFPR

Turbo
Master Power T-70 .68 Exhaust Housing
3"Downpipe, 4" Exhaust
4" Magnaflow Muffler

More To Be Updated.

Last edited:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
I'm up in Port Jefferson. Not much to update with all the snow we've been getting. Its too damn cold to do anything.

Right now the cars turn key, supra stick is installed/functioning smoothly, un-tuned 10psi 10.3A/f's across the board. Ran a buddy, estimating the cars in high 12's.

Still need to tweek the post start fuel enrichment because it starts a little rough in the sub 40F weather.

Still waiting to install intercooler, fuel system, Another fuel pump and methanol injection. Then its off to get tuned and a 500+HP Sheet.

But until this snow clears out and it warms up a little im trying to save up some money for when im ready to buy more parts. :(

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
yea the temperature over here just been below freezing, Forces me to go outside and work on the car in intervals, them come inside warm up and go back out. Honestly once im finish doing my r154 swap, I'm not touching anything else on the car till its atleast 40-45* out

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
nosechunks;1488986 said:
:word8kn: Just changed the oil in my daily, too cold out. Car can wait for now. :cry:

pussy.gif

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Yea i gotta get around to ifnishing the spec list. Winter has been horrible lately. Every time the snow melts we get another 4 inches the next day, Had to have broken a record this year!

Injectors are Denso 700cc's. Got them from driftmotion, work with stick injector clips. :)

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Weather has been absolutely outstanding lately. I have done some more tweaking and tuning. 3 Inch intercooler piping is on the way so i can finally install the new Intercooler.

I have purchased a new welder so metalworking projects will be easier to complete and with higher quality.

Ive been meaning to install my temp senders in before and after both oil and transmission coolers. I have been looking around for an inline fitting that i could mount a temperature sender in with not so much luck.

I went out and figured i could put something together and came up with this.

p1535200_1.jpg

p1535200_2.jpg

That is a 1/2 inch NPT Tee fitting that will go in the oil cooler circuit. As you can see the sender is neatly tucked out of the way as to not obstruct flow. Barbs will be put on either side to make the install easy. Ill be making another with a 3/8's Tee fitting and only the bushing that the sender is screwed into.

I also had an issue where when i was driving my car around for an extended period of time the mixture would begin to lean out. I looked threw the EMS for compensations i may have missed and everything is zeroed out. I could only attribute the issue to the longer driving period.

I wondered if the fuel was being heated to an unacceptable level. I felt the tank and it was warm, hard to tell because it was very warm out. I reached under and felt the fuel filter finding that it was hot to the touch.

I tested my theory by driving until the problem showed up again, and putting 10 gallons of fuel in the tank at a gas station. The cold fuel pumped from the underground tank almost immediately solved the issue.

After conferring with Ian (IJ.) i decided to reinstall the charcoal canister and stock gas cap as with the vented cap the heated fuel vents rather then creating pressure in the tank and results in a lean condition. I have not driven the car for as extended of a period of time but the mixture seems to have been richened up since the re-installation of the canister. I think when i do the fuel system i will install a cooler on the return to help with this issue in the future as safe measure.

Hopefully teh intercooler will be installed by the end of the week. :icon_bigg

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Well intercooler is in. After driving around it seems to work VERY well!

p1558772_1.jpg

I also took it upon myself to use my new welder to make a catch can because i was tired of oil vapor making a mess.

p1558772_2.jpg

p1558772_3.jpg

p1558772_4.jpg

p1558772_5.jpg

p1558772_6.jpg

p1558772_7.jpg

Ill put a drain on it when i figure out its permanent location and how i want to handle draining it.:aigo: I also finally got around to wrapping my down pipe to match the manifold.

p1558772_8.jpg

p1558772_9.jpg

Hopefully the water methanol kit gets here soon so i can get it in today and start some tuning! Im running out of room in this car.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I put a ball valve and hose on my CC for draining it, with the 7m I remote mounted the valve under the car behind the left front wheel, with the Chev I can reach the bottom of the can so it's there. :)